Caregiver | Part 37

"She's mine."

You raised an eyebrow, while Jungkook stared at Taehyung with his mouth gaped open as he was completely clueless.

"I'm sorry, what?" Asked Jungkook.

Turns out, both of you couldn't hear a thing he said. He mumbled indistinctly right after he called out his friend's name.

You waited for him to repeat himself, but nothing ever came out of his mouth. He just kept quiet.

"I... I told you, not to sneak up on Suyin. She's... um, busy." He spoke clearly. You were in an utter confusion, but in the end you just shake it off.

"Okay I don't know what's going on, but I need to get my work done." You chimed in, proceeded with your delayed duty.

Meanwhile Jungkook, somehow he could sense something that was going on. He put his hand on your shoulder, had you turned your head to him.

"What?" You asked, eyes on him but your hands kept washing the remaining dishes.

He didn't even look at you as he was still staring at Taehyung unwaveringly. He leaned closer to you a little bit. "I was wondering..." he said in a half whisper.

"Okay...?" You were no longer looking at him now that you focused back on the sink. You waited for him to spill out, but that all you heard was nothing. Literally nothing.

You were done with the dish washing, and when you were about to turn to your back you were completely stunned by the quick hands of Jungkook's when he caught you by your waist.

So right now, you and Jungkook stood extremely close to each other. You looked up to his face, but he quickly averted his eyes from yours to his left.

"Um... Jungkook, what the hell?"

He didn't answered nor looking at you, and you began to feel irritated by the ignorance. "Hello? Earth to Jungkook?" You poked his built chest. He's still ignoring you.

Then it hit you. You forgot that Taehyung was still there, so you panicked and freed yourself from Jungkook's arms like a worm.

You hate yourself for being so slow, but, oh well... it's too late. Taehyung already saw everything.

"You— stop doing that!" You threw your tantrum at Jungkook, punched his arm as if you punched a punching bag.

A sense of guilt began taking over you, nervously fiddling with your fingers as you face him. You wanted to dash to him and said 'I'm sorry Tae it's not what it looks like' million times, but your feet didn't even move an inch.

Because Jungkook was there too, and you kind of avoided him from noticing the obvious fling between you and Taehyung.

At this point, you felt like wanting to hit yourself with a frying pan.

"Hm... this is, quite interesting." Said Jungkook, with a nasty smirk on his face. "But first, excuse me because I need to go to the bathroom." He sauntered his way out of the kitchen, and you waited impatiently until he locked himself in the bathroom.

That's where your feet finally took a few steps forward, charged to the corner of the kitchen where Taehyung was.

"Tae– listen, before anything else... I promise you, whatever that happened just now... it means nothing. It's not..." your lips trembled as the scattered words in your head slipped out of your mouth.