Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 1 // 𝐿𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑎𝑡 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑠𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡

I've been watching you
For some time,
Can't stop staring
At those oceans eyes.

Ocean eyes - Billie Ellish

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Rachel's POV

Eight years ago

Aged 10

         I was sitting on the couch, watching Spongebob Squarepants when I heard a screeching sound of a car outside the house. I ran towards the window and pulled back the curtain, expecting my dad outside, but it wasn't the sight I expected it to be.

"Mom look! New people are moving in next door," I yelled in excitement.

"Finally!" Mom muttered as she came by my side to watch.

"Will there be any kids to play with me?"

"I expect so, baby." Mom smiled at me.

        I have lived here with my mom and dad since I was born. That's what they say. Ever since then, the house next door has been empty. There were not a lot of children in our neighborhood. And the ones who stayed here were mean to me. That's the reason why I had very few friends at school.

Actually, just one friend, Samantha. She was my only friend and my best friend since kindergarten.

         My thoughts were interrupted as mom started clearing the breakfast table.

        I watched the big truck followed by a beautiful red car, draw up at the bungalow next door. "This is exciting," I said, clapping my hands.

         The back door of the car swung open, and two children scrambled out. There were a cute small girl and a boy who probably looked my age or a year or two older than me. I couldn't see his face as he ran up to the path of the front door. Then a gorgeous lady, just like my mom, stepped out of the driver's seat. And then the new family disappeared inside the house, as the helpers in the truck helped unload the things off the back door.

         "Mom, their dad didn't come with them. It's just the mother, a boy, and a girl." I said.

         "Maybe, he'll drop by later." Mom shrugged.

         Just then, our doorbell rang and I smiled widely. Dad must finally be here. I jumped from my seat and ran all the way to open the door.

         "Dad!!" I screamed with joy and jumped in his arms, hugging him tightly. My dad chuckled and pulled away slightly, caressing my head. He had been on a business trip the whole week, and I had missed him a lot.

         I've always been a Daddy's girl growing up. It's not like I didn't like my mum; I loved her. But with Dad, it was different. We did everything together; it was like, we were practically inseparable.

         "How's my princess doing?" Dad asked, breaking me from my trance.

         "I missed you, Daddy." I blinked, holding back the tears forming in the back of my eyes.