Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 14 // 𝑊𝑒'𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒

But you're the one that I want, if that's really so wrong,
Then they don't know what this feeling is like.

This feeling- The Chainsmokers

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

17th September 2014

Dear Lucas,

Today's morning is different. There's something new in the air, and I can feel it. The sun is shining brighter, the trees are swaying beautifully in the wind and the chirping of the birds feels like a melody to the ears. Never knew I could find nature so fascinating but now I see how beautiful everything around me is. I'm happy for the first time in a long time, I feel good. It is all too surreal, I guess love does that to you.

What you don't know can hurt you. That's why I've been sad all this while thinking that you'd never love me more than a friend. But now that I know, how much you love me and everything you always did for me was for the love you have for me, I'm overwhelmed.

I hope this love stays this way for a long, long time.

Yours lovingly,
Rachel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I folded the letter and placed it in my bookshelf to be dropped later at the letterbox of the abandoned house. Lucas was still asleep, looking adorable as always with his eyes closed. There were still hours left for the school to start, so I laid back down next to him drinking in his features. He stirred in his sleep and I quickly shut my eyes to only feel his hand around my waist and his leg tangled in mine.

When I slowly peek at him, I see him still in his slumber so I get back to admiring his beauty. It was always his wayfarer-blue eyes for me but now that I've got a chance to look at him, his skin was light-colored with a well-defined jaw, and the scar he received in his childhood falling from the swings, did nothing to his handsome face other than looking more sexier. His breath tickled my neck and my breathing became shallow as unholy thoughts started invading my mind. I've been kissed once, fine twice in my whole life and I didn't even know what came after that but just him being this close to me was giving me butterflies in my stomach and I craved for more. Everything around us fell silent as I just listened to the sound of his heartbeat.

Thump-thump

I was so drunk in my thoughts that I didn't even realize I had been staring at him until he suddenly opened his eyes.

I couldn't pull away because we were tangled with each other or couldn't even close my eyes this time cause he had already seen me, so instead, I shyly wished him, "Good Morning."

"Morning," he grumbled, pecking my lips and then his lips lifted up in a smirk, "Were you staring at me?"

"Nope. Don't flatter yourself." I tried to sound confident but my breathing came out ragged.

"Of course, you weren't, like that time eight years ago when you weren't staring at me through your window." He chuckled.

"Can you drop that already? I told you, I was shutting my window and you just caught me at the same time."