Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 13 // 𝐴𝑝𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑖𝑒𝑠 & 𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑓𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑜𝑛

I don't want somebody like you,
I only want you, I only want you yeah;
Don't want somebody brand new,
I only want you, I only want you yeah.

Only want you - Rita Ora

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

After what felt like hours, I stopped crying and made my way to the kitchen, to get something for my empty stomach.
I was searching for something to eat when I heard the front door open and close. Are Mom and Paul back already? I thought and went to the living room to see Lucas standing in his oh-so-handsome glory.

He slowly walked towards me and wrapped his hands around me to hug me. His hand smoothed the hair from my face, and his soft lips pressed against my cheek.

I looked up into his two familiar blue eyes, and I felt like I was home. Everything was okay now that Lucas was here with me. "I'm sorry, Grace," he whispered, touching our foreheads, and holding my cheek. I closed my eyes in delight. "I'm an asshole for leaving you like that and walking away, I'm so sorry. I love you."

I nodded in response, against his chest as he hugged me tightly.

"Did you sleep with Travis?"

My eyes flew open to look at him as I pulled away slightly. "What?"

His face was unreadable now, his smile gone. "Tonight when I was gone. Did you sleep with him?"

I laughed unbelievingly. "You can't ask me something like that when you do the same thing time and again."

He inched closer, and I shifted backward until my butt hit the kitchen counter, my hips now just inches away from his thumbs.

"Did. You. Sleep. With. Travis."

I frowned in confusion and shook my head. " It was my first date ever with Trav, and I couldn't just sleep with him like that, on our first date. Why do you ask?"

"Because I needed to know if you're with someone else before I do this."

I scrunched my eyes in confusion but widened as soon as his mouth dropped to mine. And just like that, Lucas, my best friend, was kissing me with everything he had. His kiss was soft, like an apology and I forgave him, just like that. I couldn't speak, so I did the only thing I could. I responded immediately, kissing him back with so much passion that it took my breath away. I had wanted to do this for so long now. Pulsing waves of heat unfurled inside me, beginning at my mouth and then rippling down my body. He tasted like peppermint gum and the minty flavor suffused my taste buds. This kiss was nothing like the one I had with Travis. This was a thousand times better. Not that Travis was a bad kisser but it just felt right with Lucas. My lips parted of their own volition, and Lucas took full advantage by sliding his tongue inside my mouth. When my tongue tangled with his, he made a low, growling noise in the back of his throat and pulled out of the kiss. I whined, "Why did you stop?"

"I need to tell you something," he said, caressing my face lightly with the back of his fingers. I closed my eyes, not wanting to hear it. "This isn't what you think this is Grace, it's different for me. I love you, Grace," he said quietly.

I frowned. I knew that. Did he think that I didn't know that already? I wanted him with everything in me, but he was just having fun. I knew there was a difference in our feelings. I knew he loved me but he could never love me the way I loved him. Can he?