Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 26 // 𝑊𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑛'𝑡 𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑘 𝑎𝑛𝑦𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑒

Don't wanna know,
What kind of dress you're wearing tonight;
If he's holding onto you so tight,
The way I did before.
I overdosed,
Should've known your love was a game,
Now I can't get you out of my brain,
Oh, it's such a shame.

We don't talk anymore - Charlie Puth

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

2 years later

L U C A S' S P O V

I glance at the alarm clock, which is due to go off in five minutes. I always wake up ahead of time, have got used to it because of years of waking up for football practice. It's seven, I've only received four hours of sleep and I feel tired as hell because of the lack of sleep I've received in these past few weeks. I sit up and stretch my arms over my head and get out of my bed, making my way to the bathroom.

I get ready for trying to survive my day through college. I lock my apartment and make my way to the elevator. I brought this apartment on lease two years back with my trust fund money when I received a scholarship at UCLA for football and shifted here to Los Angeles for college. Tyler and Zach stayed in Austin. Matt and Sam went to Columbia University in New York together, just like they wanted.

Only if...I push the thought aside before it invaded my mind as I walk towards the parking lot, and my Mustang stands there looking as new as it was three years ago. I've been spending my time taking good care of it and then I reach college in no time.

.

.

.

I'm functioning on four hours of sleep, and I've already chugged down two coffees, now making my way to the third. My morning classes drag on forever and the caffeine has not been of much help in making me concentrate on my lectures, as I wait for the day to end somehow when it hasn't even started yet. I grab a late lunch in one of the campus dining halls and it somehow helps me gain the energy for surviving the rest of the day.

After Ethics class, I walk towards my car, trying my best not to run into someone. When I reach there, I see Liam leaning against my car with a shit-eating grin. "Haha, you must've thought that you'd just avoid me and run away. Well, there goes your plan of being invisible." He says, laughing like an idiot.

Liam was the 'Ty' version of California state university. He has been my best mate for the last two years, and it was nice to be around him because he was a fun guy, but this week is just not it.

"What do you want?" I ask, my voice coming out a little more harshly than intended.

"No need to get your panties in a twist, Cinderella. I just wanted you to take out of your palace tonight as it's Friday." He said.

"I don't want to go anywhere. Move." I try to move him aside when he keeps a hand on my shoulder.

"I'm not moving until you agree. Your girlfriend has been trying to reach you for weeks, but you don't seem to be bothered at all. So come tonight. We're all going. Whatever you're going through, we'll sort it out with a drink." He explains.

Girlfriend, right.

"Fine," I say.

"Did you just say fine?" He asks, confused.