Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 2 // 𝑂𝑢𝑟 𝑚𝑒𝑒𝑡-𝑐𝑢𝑡𝑒

We were both young when I first saw you,
I close my eyes, and the flashback starts
I'm standing there;
On a balcony in summer air.

Love story - Taylor Swift

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

I usually liked to spend my time with myself, maybe not the way I thought I was supposed to, but the way I enjoyed it.

Yeah, call me an introvert and see if I care.

Okay, maybe I did because it didn't land me a lot of friends, but I was okay.

So most often, I stayed home, reading storybooks or watching cartoons.

Today it was a lovely sunny Sunday morning, so I decided to go out to the park with my book. I didn't have a choice because Samantha was out of town, enjoying her summer with her grandparents.

I got dressed in a cute polka-dotted dress with a belt around the waist, and combed my hair, leaving them to fall over my shoulder. I ate my cereals and then I was ready.

"Mom, I'm going to the park. Bye."

"Okay honey, enjoy and try to make some new friends," Mom yelled from the kitchen.

Yeah, right! New friends. As if anyone would want to be friends with me. I thought as I left the house.

When I reached there, I saw Lucas playing with Tyler and his friends.

They were already friends in just a week? I wondered.

Of course, they were. I had seen Lucas going out of his house every day in the past week, riding his bicycle around. He must've met them then.

"You sound like some stalker." My mind said to me.

"No, I don't," I defended. "I just like sitting by my window, reading my book while appreciating the outside view. That's when I saw him. That doesn't make me a stalker, Right? Of course, not."

I sat down on a bench in the corner all by myself and started reading my book, happy that none of the boys noticed me, because if they did, then they will pick on me again. And I didn't want to embarrass myself in front of Lucas.

I glanced upwards and saw the group of boys laughing at something Lucas said. He seemed so cool and adorable as he stood there explaining something to the other boys. I looked up at his face to see him smiling but his eyes weren't.

I must be overthinking. How can someone smile with their eyes? I pushed my thoughts aside and continued reading the book. I was so engrossed in reading that I didn't even notice that Tyler was standing in front of me.

"Hey Rae-Rae, where are your pigtails?" The annoying little brat asked me.

"It was a sunny day, so I decided to let my hair down," I replied murmured.

"Well, that's too bad."

I looked at him, confused, when he pulled my hair, hurting my scalp. All his friends started laughing, pointing at me, except for Lucas.

"Hey, why are you annoying her. She didn't do anything to you. Come on, let's go." Lucas said to Tyler.

"Luke, I was just playing with her. Right, Rachel?" He snickered. I nodded, trying to stop my tears from falling. So much for not making fun of myself in front of the boy I liked.