Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 40 // 𝐼 𝑓𝑒𝑒𝑙 𝐸𝑝𝑖𝑐

Oh, honey,
I'd walk through fire for you;
Just let me adore you,
Like it's the only thing I'll ever do.

Adore You - Harry Styles

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

L U C A S' S P O V

"Hey, how were your finals?" I ask sipping on my coffee as I Skype call Rachel.

"They were awesome. What about yours?" She asks enthusiastically.

"Of course, yours would be awesome. Mine was okay." I reply and she frowns, "What do you mean by mine would be awesome?"

"I meant that you're brilliant. You were such a nerd in school." I tell her.

"No, I wasn't." She pouts.

"Every nerd says that." I tease her even more, just to see her cute pout again.

"Well goodbye then you asswipe. I don't want to talk to you anymore." I chuckle lightly knowing very well that she wanted to stomp her feet.

"Okay, sorry baby. I was just kidding. I have something that can calm down your anger." I tell her and her eyes lit up at this. "You do?"

"Um huh..." I nod, pressing my lips together.

"What?"

"We're going to Greece," I tell her. I still can't believe I'm using my trust fund like this but for her, I could do literally anything.

"Wait, what? We're going to Greece?" She smiles widely. Anything to see that smile on her face.

"Yes. We're." I nod at her but that smile is soon replaced by a frown, "I don't think Mom will send me faraway with my current condition."

"No need to worry about that either, I already asked and she said yes. It's a two-day trip and we will get your checkup done before leaving." I explain everything.

"When did you even do all of this?"She asks with an astonishing smile and I explain how I've spent the past week planning our trip and every concern relating to Rachel's health.

"Now go and start packing. I'm coming back tomorrow." I tell her.

"Okay," She says and jumps up her feet as soon as we end the skype call. I chuckle lightly and make my way to the kitchen to tell mom about my trip to Greece. The rest of the day passes by as Mom, Liza and Sam give me a few ideas about what girls find romantic and how to make it special. I had a few plans of my own up my sleeves and I was so ready for this trip.

The next day I come back to San Fransisco. "Hey, Grace." I hug her tightly, burying my face in the crook of her neck.

"Lucas, I'm so happy you are back. I missed you so much." She says, jumping happily and wrapping her legs around me.

"I missed you more, Baby," I say, kissing her lips. Later, we go to the hospital for her check-up and the doctor tells us that she is fine. I stay back to clear some of my doubts and the doctor tells me not to worry too much, and just to take good care of her. We spend the following day in packing.

In the morning, we finally get ready to leave for the airport. Emily and Paul wait for us in the living room.

"You're ready, I see." Emily smiles at us and we nod. "Lucas, can I talk to you for a moment?"