Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 16 // 𝑇𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟

So baby pull me closer in the backseat of your Rover,
That I know you can't afford,
Bite that tattoo on your shoulder;
Pull the sheets right off the corner,
Of the mattress that you stole:
From your roommate back in Boulder,
We ain't ever getting older.

Closer - The Chainsmokers, Halsey

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

Anna starts cleaning the table after dinner and Liza and Lucas sit in the living room, fighting for the remote. "Thank you for the dinner. Do you need any help in here?" I asked Anna.

"No, Rach, Go and take some rest, there's not much in here anyway and you've got an early class tomorrow right?" She asked and I nodded. When Lucas moved in next door, it was not only a friend that I got but also a sister and a second mother. I once read somewhere that you need to keep a count of five people in your life that you can always count on and for me, those five counts were Lucas, Mom, Sam, Paul, and Anna. Well as for Liza, she is still a baby so that makes me one count for her, right?!

"Goodnight Anna."

"Goodnight honey." She smiled and followed me to be the living room. "And Lucas?"

"Yes, Mom," Lucas answered, still struggling for the remote. Well, it's not like he is weak or something, it's just that Liza can quite competitive when comes to these kinds of stuff. I grinned to myself, thinking about how much I had loved watching Lucas and Liza growing up, with all their bickerings and teasings but no matter what, we always had each other's back, always have, always will. It was us against the world. Anna cleared her throat, grabbing mine and the attention of the other two in the room.

"I know that you and Rach are together now, and I'm happy. But no funny business up there. You understand." She said with a stern voice as I blushed at her thought.

She was staring at Lucas and I don't know if he was nervous or stunned by what his mom said but it took him a whole minute to answer her. "Ahh...yes, yes. Okay," he stuttered, looking up at her nervously, and giving Liza a chance to finally sneak the remote out of his grip. He went to grab it back but Anna continued, "I'm right next door, remember that." and walked back into the kitchen, making Liza giggle and Lucas look at me with an expression that made a shiver run down my spine because I knew he had something in his mind that will cause trouble for us. We sat there with Liza, watching the repeat telecast of season nine of Keeping up with the Kardashians, but neither Lucas nor I were paying attention to what Kendall was speaking with Kylie.

We headed back to our room, technically Lucas's room but who cares, It was our room for time being, Lucas closed the door behind him, locking it for good measure. He took measured, careful steps towards the bed, stopping about a foot from me. He stripped off his shirt and jeans, standing in nothing but his boxers. I heard his heart beating or maybe it was mine. His broad shoulders flexed, showing his medium biceps, a tan body, and a four-pack ab. Not too heavy, neither too less just the way I liked.

"And she keeps checking me out, every chance she gets?" He smirked.

"I was looking at your tattoos. Now that I look back at it, you never really told me the meaning of your tattoos?"

"They're just some random stuff."

"Can I touch them?" I asked him nervously and he chuckled, "You've touched them a million times baby."