Cʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 18 // 𝐼'𝑚 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑑 𝑜𝑓 ℎ𝑖𝑚

And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways,
Maybe just the touch of a hand;
Oh me I fall in love with you every single day,
And I just wanna tell you I am.

Thinking out loud - Ed Sheeran

▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎▪︎

I woke up early the next morning and took a nice warm shower, washed my hair with shampoo, and conditioned them, making myself ready for the big day. This day meant nothing to me, but it did to Lucas and we were in this together.

Sometimes, life brings us to places where we don't want to be, and we wouldn't wish for anything more than to get away from it. But this is life and Life isn't fair.

Today he was going to watch his dad get married to someone who isn't his mother. I had faced this situation before, and I know what it felt like but it's not the same for us. My mother loves me and so does Paul. I'm sure Lucas's Dad loved Lucas and Liza as well but he gave up on them, a long time ago. I know there were some disagreements between Anna and Lucas's father but the least he could have done for his kids was check up on them from time to time, and met them once in a while, but he didn't. And after all of these, I can understand why Lucas hated his father, I can't even blame him for it but be by his side.

I got dressed in my pj's and a tank top, blow-dried my hair and walked out of the bathroom to find Lucas still in his slumber. I walked up to the bed and nudged him lightly, "Lucas?"

He stirred in his sleep but didn't wake up. I called him again, "Lucas, get up. We've to get ready to be there on time."

He slowly opened his one eye and then closed it again, "I don't want to go."

"Lucas, we're here in New York for this sole purpose. Come on." I pulled at his hands but he pulled me back to the bed, making me fall right into his embrace.

"Just a few more minutes Grace. Just stay like this, okay." He whispered against my still wet skin and I relaxed in his arms. He nuzzled into my neck, softly touching his lips slightly below and a trail of goosebumps not from the cold went down my spine making my stomach flutter.

"Lucas?" I moan escaped my lips as a hard something pressed against my stomach.

"Hmm...?"

"We've to get ready or we will be late," I murmured again.

"Yeah, yeah I know. I'm up." He slowly fluttered his eyes open and moved away to rub his eyes, giving me a fair way to escape from my aroused thoughts. I then forced him into the shower despite his efforts to drag me into bed with him.

Later, I curled my hair giving them a wavy look, and clutched it at the top to get into my dress. It was a floral long sleeveless dress with a lovely hue of pink and a long v neck, which showed a little bit of my cleavage. The dress was beautiful and I was happy with the fact that it fitted me so perfectly.

I was struggling with the zipper of the dress at the back when my breath got caught up in my chest at the sight of Lucas. He stood there just in a towel that hung low on his waist, with water dripping down his hair and chest looking sexy as ever.

I couldn't take my eyes off him as I stood there gaping at him for a long time to only find him looking at me with the same reaction on his face.

"You need help with that?" He asked in a raspy voice, pointing towards my zipper.