8- glad to know i've been replaced.

It was now mid December and the Hogwarts winter ball was only three days away, then the students would head home for Christmas, which this year, like every other, was bound to be hectic for the Potter-Weasley clan.

Then there would be New Years and the annual Potter Ball would be held where all of the family's children could invite their friends.

In the third floor corridor heading for the stair case up to the seventh floor tower, after her final class of the week, Stacy had caught up to Quinn who had had advanced DADA with the Ravenclaws whilst she had had Double Muggle studies.

"Oh hi Stace, sure I actually have to go update the Gryphindor prefects about the new password." Quinn grinned at her friend who seemed nervous, and rather upset. "You ok Stace?"

"Oh yeah, I'm fine, just wanna talk."
"Ok...how was Muggle studies?" Asked Quinn trying to distract the girl from what ever was bothering her. "Oh it was awful, I have no idea why I took it." She groaned making Quinn laugh, "yeah why did you?"

"Merlin knows." The brunette replied as they reached the sixth floor and turned a corner to mount the last landing before Gryphindor tower. "Anyway how was DADA?"

"Good, honestly it's one of my best subjects and normally that would mean I should become an auror but I just don't want to be one. I know Teddy wants to go on to study Magizologie and honestly I want to join him, maybe go into the same field as my dad. I do love animals, I just need to get a high enough grade in Care For Magical Creatures. What do you think you'll do outta school?" Quinn revealed this to her friend.

"Honestly I wouldn't mind becoming a muggle ambassador for the ministry, I mean it really helps muggle born families. Anyway, you'll totally pas Magical Creatures, you got an O on your OWLS." This made Quinn smile but still she was unsure, "but that's OWLS. Not NEWTS."

"Meh we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Anyway, thought anymore about where you wanna add to the destination list?" Stacy asked her friend, exchanging the heavy subject of life after school for their exciting plans for travel the following year.

"Well I think we should definitely add Thailand." Quinn replied. "Cool." Stacey nodded, reaching into her robes to retrieve her list.

Already the group had decided that they would each pick two countries and over the twelve months that they would spend away from home, they would visit all twelve.

Adam had already chosen the Caribbean islands and Greece. While Jake chose Spain and Australia. Dan offered Poland as his family was half polish and Hungary. Teddy had offered up France and Italy while Quinn's choices were now Bulgaria (where she was born) and Thailand. Finally, Stacy had chosen Germany and America.

This made their list complete so now all they had to do was organise their travel, which their parents had agreed to pay partially for as graduation gifts so long as the six of them agreed to return to England the following September with actual job prospects.

It was all planned perfectly. "And that makes the list complete." Stacy said happily.
"Great." Quinn smiled, "what was it you wanted to talk about earlier?" She asked Stacy as they stopped at the portrait of the Fat Lady.

"Oh em..."
"Sugar puffs." The portrait swing open. "Sorry."
"It's fine....I um, I just wanted to tell you that....I um...can we do this in my dorm room?" Stacy suddenly asked.

"Oh yeah sure." Quinn smiled concerned for her nervous friend and allowed Stacy to drag her up the girls stairs.

It felt surreal being back in the gryphindor common room after so may weeks. She followed Stacy to their old dorm and was pulled inside.

The room was the same as it had always been. That made her nostalgically smile missing their dorm mates. But then her focus feel back to Stacy who was now pacing and wringing her hands nervously.

"Quinn you know how you're my best friend and we tell each other everything?"
"Yeah." Quinn said worriedly, "Stace what's wrong?"

"I....I." Stacy threw herself down on her bed and took a deep breath calming herself before looking up, her eyes flossing over in tears. "Quinn...I....I'm gay."

"You're gay?" Quinn replied, almost seeming unfazed by the news, but inside she was swelling with pride for her brave and gorgeous friend.

"Yeah." Stacy replies in a quivering and broken voice. "And?" Quinn said.

"...please don't hate me."
"Hate you?! Stace I love you so so much and I am so proud of you for coming out. I can't say i knew but I sure as hell don't hate you. If anything I love you even more, you are so fucking brave. Thanks for sharing this with me." Quinn pulled her friend up to look at her before Stacy pulled her into a bone crushing hug, sobbing into her shoulder, "thank you Quinny I love you so much."

"I love you too Spacey Stacy." She hugged their crying girl tighter.

"So how long have you known?" Quinn now sat cross legged on the floor as Stacy sat opposite her, her legs stretched out ahead of her.
"I don't know a year maybe." Stacy replied. Quinn nodded, "well I'm happy for you..who else have you told?"

"Well you and Laurie are the only ones." She answered.
"Who's Laurie?" Quinn asked not recognising the name. "She's on the Ravenclaw team. Seventh year." Answered Stacy.

"Oh yeah I saw you with her at the Halloween party...I thought her name was Lauren." Quinn and Stacy laughed. "How come you only told us?"
"Well you're my best friend and she's...well...we're dating."

"Holy shit! Congrats Stace." Quinn kept forward hugging her friend again. "I'm so happy for you." She told the girl.
"You should get her to come sit with us at dinner....that is if you want the boys to know." Quinn slowed down peering at Stacy's face which lit up. "You really wanna get to know her?"

Quinn beamed, "more then anything." She told the girl.

About an hour later the girls descended the stairs of the girls' dorms and noticed Adam and Jake sitting in front of the fire finishing their final potions essays. "Hey guys." Stacy approached them as Quinn moved over to the bulletin board on the Center wall and wrote the new password: 'silver bun'.

While she was away Jake and Adam invited Stacy to sit with them, "hey, how was your last lessons of term?" Jake asked finally finishing his essay and stuffing it back in his bag as Adam did the same. "Meh, boring as ever. Professor Binns still making me wanna drink a draft of sleeping death." The two boys chuckled as she sat down, "How was double charms?"

"Don't ask." Jake replies with a groan. "Guess it wasn't good." She assumed with a smirk.

"Eh at least it's over."
"Yeah thank fuck it's over, I can't wait to go home and forget all about bloody extending charms and-." Jake was cut off as Quinn arrived beside them; "Hey guys."

"Hey head girl." Called Adam as she took her seat beside him. "How are you and you dearest Teddy Bear?" He asked making her smile. "We're very good thank you." She smiled at them.

"Yeah, you love birds looking forward to your midnight patrol, snog sesh?" Jake joked making Stacy snort and Adam laugh loudly.

"Shut up Jake, you and Adam are no better." She huffed at them. "Yeah yeah whatever. Common let's go pick up dumb and dumber." Adam got them all to follow him to get the other two from the heads common room.

"Teddy and Dan always get better grades then you Ad." Stacy reminded him. "Yeah but together they're idiots."
"What ever you say Ad." She riled her eyes.

"You only disagree cause you know I'm secretly your favourite." He smiled dumbly at her, before she shot him down.

"No that's Quinn." Stacy laughed as she lead the way out of the common room and onto the hall way, towards the seventh floor stairs. "Glad to know I've been replaced."

"Babe you would of had to be the favourite to be replaced." Jake told him making Adam scowl as they reached the seventh floor. "Shut up JJ, you're supposed to be on my side." Jake just laughed at this grabbing Adam's hand and pulling in into a kiss to remove the pout from his lips. "Sorry."

"Our friends are so weird." Stacy said to Quinn as they reached the door to the commons. "Speak for yourself."