44- Who needs em?

"Mum. Dad." Jake approached his parents with cautious steps. Debbie and Mark had been stood by the drinks table talking in hushed whispers to one another, the minute they had heard their youngest son's voice, the two became quiet.

"Jake, what's wrong sweetie?" Asked Debbie with a smile at her son. "W....well th...there's something I want to talk to you two about." Jake's voice was shaking with nervousness.

"Jake is everything ok son?" Asked Mark. "Y...yeah I just don't know how you're gonna react."
"Sweetie of this is about what we think it's about, it's ok."

"Really?"
"Yes of course son......if you wanted to bring her you should have. We wouldn't have embarrassed you."
"Her?" Jake asked his parents confused by what his father had meant. "Your girlfriend." Said Debbie with a smile.

"Mum I...I don't have a girlfriend."
"Oh.....what is it then?" Debbie was now the confused one.

"I won't ever have a girlfriend." Jake began, "that's why I wanted to talk to you both...you see I need to tell you that I'm-."
"Honey don't say that. Of course you will-."
"No mum I won't-."

"Why not?" His father pushed.
"Well it's kinda hard to have a girlfriend when you don't like girls." Jake finally snapped at his oblivious parents.

"W...what?" Debbie's pale face was flushed as she looked to her youngest son in utter disbelief and confusion. "I'm gay mum." He said looking her dead in the eyes.

"No you're not." His dad spoke rather harshly after a pause of time that he took to recover from the shock. "Yes dad, I am." Jake said firmly.

"Y...you....you're what?" Debbie stuttered. "I like boys.....in fact I have a boyfriend....I've been with him for four years actually." Said Jake pointedly as he grew more angry at his parents' clear prejudices and ignorance.

"W...who?" Debbie remained completely shaken. "Adam." Jake said with a slightly defensive tone. "That Adam!" Mark whisper yelled pointing at the blonde-haired boy who sat across the garden trying to distract himself with his drink as he swirled the dregs of the liquid at the bottom of his glass.

"....th....that school! That bloody school." Mark was furious. "No dad it wasn't my school....it's just who I am. Nothing can change that.....look I know you guys don't understand this and I know it's hard for you....I mean I saw the way you both acted at the airport with Stacy and Laurie last year, but-."

"Have they made you do this? Embarrass yourself?!" Mark threw another point at his friends. "No dad! My friends didn't make me 'embarrass myself' they didn't make me gay! They accept me for who I am. Like you should." Jake snapped at his parents, his anger finally flaring as he glared at the two people he called mum and dad.

"We'll Jacob. Seen as there is clearly no changing your mind on t matter. I think it'd be wise that you leave after the party....Don't come back for a while."
"You're kicking me out." Jake said dumbfoundedly.

"W...well sweetie you don't live here anymore and....we're not kicking you out but-."
"You know what mum. I don't care. Clearly I don't have a family anymore. It's ok. I'll go. Sorry to have 'embarrassed you'" he threw up his hand in a quoting motion, "in front of your friends and our 'family'." Snapped the brunette before he stomped off towards his friends. Hot tears threatening to fall down his face as his shoulders violently shuck.

His father stood by his mother, his hands were balled into fists and his face was bright red. His wife stood with wide eyes and pale face.

"Marcus, I-."
"Not now Debra. We have guests." He snapped before he too walked away.

And like that Jake's family life was ruined.

"How'd it go?" Asked Dan noticing their pale friend as he numbly sat beside Adam and Quinn. "JJ?" Vic asked cautiously as she stared at her friend's pale face.