59- No i'm not going to 'talk you out of it'!

"So I have news." Adam spoke through the phone as Quinn stood in the kitchen baking.

He had faced-timed her out of the blue once Stacy, Laurie and Vic had left from their girls day.

Teddy was taking James, Albus, Albus's friend and Teddy's cousin Scorpio's and Lily out that day for new school robes (he had also promised them an ice cream from fortisques' while they were out- unbeknownst to Quinn) It was nearing the end of summer and the four kids would be staying at their god-brother/cousin's apartment that night, because of what had happened the last time they were alone at Potter Manor.

Harry and Ginny where currently away in America with Hermione and Ron as part of an embassy visit with the American ministry in New York while Scorpius' dad was away on an auror mission and his mum was still in hospital.

They would be back the next night for the kids' last week of summer before James' final year. Rose and Hugo were staying with their uncle Bill while the Potters and Scorpius were with Teddy and Quinn.

Quinn nodded at Adam from his propped up position on the kitchen counter. "go on." She said with a smile as she mixed a bowl of cookie dough.

She had prepared home-made burgers to fry once Teddy was home with the kids.

Adam coughed awkwardly on the other line. "You ok ad?"
"Y...yeah, just nervous.....I....I'm asking Jake to marry me tomorrow." Quinn had to do a double take as she gaped. "What!"

"Is it a bad idea? It's too rushed....shit...he's gonna day no."
"No no no...Ad it'll be fine.....OH MY MERLIN! I'm so happy for you Ad!" Quinn's face lit up as she re assured her friend.

"I know but....he's gonna day no.....I need you to talk me out of it before I embarrass myself." He pleaded.
"Shut up....I'm not going to 'talk you out of it'. He's gonna say yes. Of course he is." Quinn assured the blonde who was panicking.

"Ok...ok..."
"Ad look....." she drew the panicked mans' attention. "J, loves you, so so much. You guys are amazing together and you're perfect for each other so, get up of your worried arse and ask the boy to marry you.....have you decided how you're gonna do it?"

"Plain and simple....I..I'm taking him to that spot we went after his birthday last year."
"Perfect." She told him, "want me to tell Ted or?"
"Yeah....shit....j's home...Ok...I'll text you once I did it."

"Ok....I love you Addie."
"Love you too Lil red."
And then he hung up.

Soon the door to the apartment opened and Quinn heard the voices of her three cousins, her husband and his cousin.

"Hey babe, we're back!" Teddy called from the hall. "In here!" Quinn announced as she continued to mix the batter, using her magic to set the outdoor table as she worked on the kitchen bench.

"Hi." Teddy mumbled as he came into the kitchen from behind her. She turned around, her hands covered in dough as she smiled at him. "Hey." He attacked her in a hug as she tried to avoid getting his back covered in dough.