9- The great adventures of Dan and Ted.

Meanwhile Dan and Teddy had just finished their final study period of the term in the library and where heading back to the head's commons. "So how are you and Q?" Dan asked as they reached the seventh floor landing. "Great. We're planning on telling our family at Christmas. I think Harry and Ginny have already guessed, it's uncle Charlie I'm worried about."

"Dude you'll be fine." Dan reassured him. "The whole family loves you man...you are family."
"You think so?"
"Dude I know so.....hey can I ask you something?"

"Sure."
"You know me and Vic? Well I wanna ask her to the dance but i have no clue to go about doing so. Mind giving me some tips?" Dan asked him. Teddy nodded, "yeah sure. My advice, just ask her, Vic may be girly but she hates large gestures. Just be cool and ask her nicely....and in private. Like pick her up from Ravenclaw for breakfast tomorrow and ask her on the walk down." Teddy offered his advice.

Dan grinned, "great idea thanks man."
"No problem....hey I'm gonna go see my mum and dad wanna join or?"
"Yeah sure I'll come say hi."

After visiting the 'Hero's Walkway' they reached the commons and both fell into armchairs to await their friends.

About an hour after their arrival the downstairs door opened and four pairs of feet thundered up the stairs. "Hey guys." Called Adam pushing Stacy aside to get the window seat as Jake walked up behind him shaking his head.

Stacy huffed, collapsing into a chair beside Dan who nudged her on the shoulder. She smacked his hand away but smiled, "how are you two?" She asked the two hufflepuffs. They both shrugged, "fine." Dan replied.

Quinn was the last up the stairs moving to head up to her dorm but being stopped by Teddy's voice; "hello to you too." He called making her smile. "Hi, sorry I really wanna throw my bad in my room and forget that the books in it exist for the next month." She moved back towards him and leaned over the armchair he sat on, allowing him to pull her into what she thought would be a quick peck but ended up a full snog.

"Ew get a room." Stacy called tossing a pillow at the couple as they came up for air. "Grow up Stace, leave them be." Dan chastised her. "Says you!" The brunette yelled, her accent becoming broader as she stared at Dan is disbelief. "Just kidding, you two are rank." He also tossed a pillow at the couple.

"Well screw you guys." Teddy yelled dodging another pillow this time from Jake who smirked as Teddy jumped up holding Quinn's waist and walking with her towards the stairs to her room. "Get some Teddy!" He called mocking his friend.

"Yeah have fun up there but not too much fun, I'm not ready to be an aunt just yet-." Stacy was cut off as Teddy and Quinn disappeared up the stairs.

"Well honestly those two are just gagging for it." Stacy remarked once they had disappeared.

"Says 'Miss lets stay single forever'?" Adam chuckled looking at Stacy who's smirk slipped away. "You ok Stace?"
"Yeah just...I..."
"You sure?"

"I...well...earlier...I told Quinn something and now I think I wanna tell you guys I just....I just don't know how you'll react."
"If this is about you and that Laurie girl I already know, I saw you guys outside of the common room the other day." Jake revealed making Stacey's eyes widen. "How did you?"
"Stacey you two weren't exactly hiding....I'm happy for you Stace. Congrats."

"Thanks JJ." He reached over grabbing her hand and pulling her into an awkward hug over Adam. Adam's face along with Dan's held confused looks before Stacy spoke; "I'm gay, I have a girlfriend....she's a Ravenclaw called Laurie in our year and we've been going out since Halloween."

"Aww that's great Stace, congrats."
"Yeah I'm really happy for you." The two boys smiled at their friend. "Glad to know we have another couple to hang out with."

"Shit I'm the only single one now damn." Dan said disheartedly. "Please I bet you and Vic will be together by Christmas." Stacey said making Adam grin evilly.

"You know what Stace I will take that bet. 10 Galleons says they get together before we leave school."

"You're on." She agreed shaking his hand.

"Uh I hate you both." Dan groaned.

"Don't worry Dan, if you can't catch her by then at least you and Teddy will have your bromance to keep you warm- the great adventures of Ted and Dan-." Adam received yet another pillow to the face.

Meanwhile, Quinn had reached her room and she had thrown her bag down under her desk. She fell backwards into her bed and lay there releasing a groan on exhaustion. "Tired?" Came Teddy's voice as he followed her in.

She nodded, with her eyes closed as she pulled at her tie, clearly uncomfortable in her uniform.

He let out a chuckle sitting beside her on her bed and leaning down to help her unfasten the tie. She kicked off her shoes and opened her eyes to look at him.

He threw her tie across the room onto her desk and she giggled. "I hate this bloody uniform."
"Eh, I don't mind it." Teddy shrugged. She just released a huff.

He laughed, crawling backwards on her bed to sit against her headboard. "Well it's officially winter break so we're home free." Teddy said making her sit up and look at him. He patted the spot beside him and she crawled up the bed to join him.

She lay against him. Letting him stroke a hand up and down her back. He kissed her head then her cheek, then her lips and she hummed happily into the kiss.

Quinn's hands found their way into his hair while he smiled against her lips.

Quinn had changed in the bathroom at some point and Teddy had left to do the same, both heading back to their friends. "Dinner?" Stacy asked the group, her usual smile back in place on her face.

"Let's go." Adam cheered. "Finally." Jake groaned making Dan and Teddy chuckle.

"So you tell them?" Quinn whispered to Stacy as they followed behind the boys. "Yeah, yeah I did."
"Good I'm so glad you're happy."

"Thanks Q." Not a problem.

They shared a short hug before running to catch up with the boys.