38- Goodbye.

After the hour spent pouring out their secrets to Teddy's parents, many tears were shed and many hugs were given and received.

The couple spent the next six days waiting for any news from their Aunts and Uncles in the future.

They were desperately clambering to make everything easier for their unfortunate caretakers. Mrs Weasley like Tonks was loving having the children there but things were beginning to become uncomfortable for all at 12 Grimmauld place.

At lunch a sudden ring from where James and the other troublemakers sat sparked hope on them all. Teddy standing up to snatch the mirror from James.

James yelled in protest but realising he would have been in for just another scold he decided to sit back and watch as Teddy answered to his father.

"James can you give me to Ted-....oh hi Ted."
"Hi Harry, any developments?"
"Yes, we've been given the all clear, the time turner is useable. Just going to pick up up now. We'll be there for you in a few hours. Now have you told anyone anything incredibly delicate?" The bespeckled man asked his godson.

"Just my mum and dad."
"Ok, we'll be there soon. Just control the others for a few more hours."
"Ok harry. We'll see you soon."
"I love you kid."
"Love you too."

Then the call ended. Teddy threw James back t he mirror as Lily jumped up in excitement. "We're going home!" She yelled.

Quinn smiled softly at Teddy as he threw himself down in the armchair near her. "You ok?"
"Yeah. Just happy we're going home." He tried to convince her but she just rolled her eyes getting up and walking over to him. "Want me to go with you to tell your parents we're leaving?"

"It's ok I'll tell them later. Come here." He grabbed her hand and tugged her into his lap.

She leaned in and kissed him gently before she snuggled into his chest

Later that day the Teddy found Tonks and Remus sitting together in one of the reading rooms on the second floor

Later that day the Teddy found Tonks and Remus sitting together in one of the reading rooms on the second floor. They were talking in hushed whispers and he partially felt bad for interrupting but he knew he had to.

"Mum, dad?" They both looked up hearing their son of only six days' voice. "Sorry I'll come back-."
"No it's ok son." Remus spoke.
Teddy turned around smiling at his father.

He moved over to them, taking a seat beside his mother as she patted it. "What's wrong?" Asked Tonks. "Harry called. We're going home in a few hours....I guess I just wanted to say bye..."
"It's ok." Tonks held his shoulder as he began to well up.

"I....I wanted to ask you guys for some advice." Teddy said his voice holding a nervous shake. "What is it?"
"I....before we disappeared. I was planning to ask Quinn.....to..."

"You were gonna propose!" Tonks said excitedly. Her grin was spread taught across her young face. "Son...that's wonderful. But are you sure? So young?" Remus was equally as happy for his son but ever the nervous sceptic he still questioned the idea.

"I mean we'll probably wait until summer to actually get married, when we're both certified and we'll both be twenty-one. But I....something just tells me it's right." Teddy paused to gage their reactions before he continued, "I was planning on asking Charlie's permission at christmas then asking her on her birthday in January."

"Teddy that's amazing." Tonks gushed pulling him into a bone crushing hug. "I'm so proud." This made a tear spring to the blue haired boy's eyes as he tried not to let them see how upset he was at leaving them in only a few short hours.

The both of them smiled at their son sadly as he looked to their faces. "I'm gonna miss you both."
"We'll miss you too son." Remus said calmly.
"I love you guys."
"We love you too." Tonks told him making him smile.

"You wanna head downstairs? They'll be here soon." Teddy told them both as he pulled away from another hug with his parents.

They both nodded and together the three of them descended the stairs and made their way into the living room.

Once inside Teddy found Quinn holding an excited Lily whilst Mrs Weasley gathered her children and future grandchildren into two groups.

"Harry just called. They're leaving now."
"Ok." Teddy hugged her gently, kissing her head softly.

"We'll miss you two." Tonks told her making her smile. "We'll miss you both too." Quinn told her. The slightly older woman grinned pulling Quinn into a surprising hug and squeezing her tightly.

"Thank you for making him so happy." Tonks whispered.
"My pleasure." She assured as all of a sudden the room shuck and three adults appeared in the Center of the room, all wrapped in a golden chain.

Harry Potter, Hermione Granger-Weasley and Angelina Weasley.

The three were greeted with hugs by James, Albus, Lily, Rose, Hugo and the twins. Then Louis, Quinn and Teddy.

Harry addressed the adults of the past. A sad smile played on the man's features as he looked over his fallen love ones, alive and well.

"Thank you for putting up with them." He said receiving a few laughs. "I'm sorry that we must hurry them away and that you must all be obliviated. But it must be done."

Teddy could see his godfather was putting on a brave front and trying to hide his pain. But he was failing.

Hermione began the incantation while Angelina gathered the children. Harry said a fleeting goodbye before a white flash of light followed by a cloud of golden dust and another flash and the time travellers were gone.

The whole room awoke from their collective dazes confused yet oddly comfortable and all began to slowly go about their day.

All except Dumbledore who stood with a whistfully wise smile and a knowing twinkle in his bright crystal eyes.

Meanwhile in 2017...