70- Their Story

12 years later

It was September 1st 2038. Chaos reigned that morning in the Lupin household as Quinn Lupin stood in the kitchen of their home. Bright and early (8:30) she smiled as her second-from-youngest child joined her, her husband and their youngest for breakfast.

Emberly Andromeda Lupin entered the kitchen that morning, buzzing about the first day of her second school year at Hogwarts. Like her mother Emberly or Emmy, as her brothers and sister called her, was a bright young witch in Gryffindor house. She had excelled in her first year top of her class much like her older siblings.

Emberly giggled as her mother and father stood jokingly bickering about getting a new floo fireplace installed. "Honestly Ted, I just don't think it needs doing."

"And I disagree."
"Well why don't you continue to disagree while you set up the sofa to sleep on tonigh." Quipped Quinn as she stood chopping a fruit salad at their kitchen island.

"What are they fighting about now?" Emberly asked her younger brother as she snatched a piece of toast from his plate.

Ainsley Charles Lupin was born on the 17th November 2027, his mother and father's final child and the baby of the Lupin family.

Today would be his first day at Hogwarts school of Witch Craft and Wizardry and to say he was nervous would be an understatement.

"Mum doesn't want a new fireplace.....dad's probably gonna sleep on the sofa." He didn't even bother to look up from his copy of Hogwarts a history as he answered his older sister.

She rolled her eyes, "well I got that part you prat." She snapped at him as he seemed to ignore her presence, too stuck in his book to answer.

"Emberly Andromeda! Don't call your brother a prat!" Quinn scolded her youngest daughter. Emberly rolled her eyes, "ok mum."

"Where are the twins?" Teddy asked his daughter as she took a seat at the table and snagged one of her great-auntie Fleur's croissants. "Wes is in bed and Mais is still getting dressed." She answered.

"I swear that girl takes a month to decide her hair colour." Quinn exasperatedly sighed as she looked to her husband, "I hate that she has your ability."
"I thought you loved my powers."

"I do sweetie, just not when they give our daughter even more reason to take longer to get ready." The father chuckled as he ruffled Emberly's hair from across the table.

" The father chuckled as he ruffled Emberly's hair from across the table

"Sorry luv she just wants to look nice." He shrugged.
"Yeah to impress Levi." Mumbled Ainsley as he rolled his eyes.

"Teddy go get your son up will you." Quinn called to her husband as she checked on the eggs and poured out six glasses of pumpkin juice. "Wes is 17 mum, he can just apparate to the station when he finally gets up." Emberly offered her mother a solution.