𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓶 XIX

"What are you doing Luc?"
Hemmings tugged my shoulders to see what I am busy about.

We're currently in the Music Club headquarters, as usual, I'm with the GEUX, I never got to be with them for a long time like this until I joined the club, I'm not complaining though. They're fun to be with and all, also Chesca has been busy with her own club so that leaves me hanging out with the boys more often.

"Adjusting.. the camera angle.."
I was trailing because the camera won't get in place. When I finally done it and made sure it's in a great angle, I mumbled a 'yes!' then faced Finn.

He looked tired, everyone here does. Yesterday, we were all summoned here for a meeting until 8:30PM then after that, they were assigned to clean up.

The meeting went for a long time, we were discussing about the upcoming music festival, it's still months from now, but the preparation is big because the school will invite some famous bands, and of course, along side the set would be GEUX.

I feel proud that time by time, they are getting bigger and bigger, I witnessed it all. How they started from school stages, to courts, to events, to cafés, bars, nightclubs, also how big the venue now speaks for what I am trying to explain. However, the more people know them, the more obliged they are to do this, it became not just a hobby but a job. I remembered how Charlie expressed his displease because of that.

"Oh you're gonna film for your performance video? Then I gotta go."
Finn patted my head with a slight shake then smiled at me and skipped his way out.

I breathed out air of nervousness, it's now or never.

I was about to strum when Jed with all his mighty glory entered the room, the sling of his guitar case on his shoulders. He casually sat behind me so I stopped recording and pointed at the camera with my mouth.

".. what?"
He doesn't seem to get it.

"I'm recordingggg."
I said with a hint of whining, I want to get this done as soon as possible.

"K."
What are we? Textmates? I puffed my breath, he stood up with his guitar that he took out of the case, I thought he will go straight outside but he just sat beside me, the camera doesn't catch his whole figure, only his thighs and the guitar.

"Are you kidding me?"

"You do you. Don't mind me."
It looks like I can't do anything about it so I just clicked my tongue then started the camera.

"Hi, this is Lucia, here's my performance video."
I smiled at the camera then started playing the guitar.

It took every piece of my patience to not look at Jed and focus on him. Which is freaking hard, I might add when he's paying all his attention to me. Not even on the guitar but on me.

My skills aren't superior but I got the hang of it, somehow? I mean I can play a song or two now. It's not very hard to learn the instrument especially I have long fingers, although I got a couple of cuts.

The recording went smoothly, at least that's what I believe. In my mind, I'm reciting 23 bible verses, Latin and English, praying I won't hyperventilate beside him. Jed is just too much for my poor heart.

"Good job."
He put a thumbs up in front of my face so I swatted it away and chuckled.

"Thank you though. I learnt few things from you."
He scoffed then cocked his eyebrows, obviously looking proud.

"There's a gig later."

"There is?"
Shocker. Me, the number 1 fan, doesn't know about it!

I got the same reaction from him, he looked at me like something's wrong with me.
"Yeah, you don't know?"