𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓶 XXVIII

"Aren't you excited, Ches?"
I shook her shoulders, Chesca looked at me with a borer look.

"Lucyyyyy we're literally watching them perform everyday."
She said with a slight grin.

I puckered my lips.
"But it's the first time they're joining a competition, mind you!"

"My Jeno is not even performing, my poor baby got his throat dry."
She sulked.

I jokingly pulled her hair.
"Your brother is joining yet you're thinking about your boyfriend."

"Wellll that kid can handle himself."

"And Jeno cannot?"

"It's my job."
She winked at me.

Sometimes I can't help but wonder what Charlie is possibly feeling whenever he sees Jeno and Chesca together. I don't know what's happening with them three, but one thing's for sure, Chesca knows nothing, not even a single thing. Who am I to insert myself in the situation? I can only observe and be prepared for whatever's coming.

"Where's Jed anyway?"
Chesca asked me.

"I think he's with Char—"

"He's with Roseanne."
Finn threw himself on the couch beside me. He grabbed the chips resting on the table then grabbed a handful.

My mind processed the information late, he's with Roseanne? He said he will be with Charlie.

"Wait, Hemmington, what did you just say?"

Finn stared at me, I wish he don't look at me like that, because honestly, the way he stares is always so intense. It's mysterious and meaningful. His eyes that are uneven adds up to his persona. His lips formed to a grin.

"I said he's with Roseanne."
He made sure to stress the name enough.

"He told me he will be with Charlie."

Finn shrugged his shoulders. He leaned towards me.
"That's not what I saw.."

At that moment, I can't think of anything. Especially the moment the front door opened revealing Jed and Roseanne clung on his arms as usual. I wasn't amused.

•••

"Lucia?"
Jed waved his hand in front of me. Everyone's getting ready to leave for the contest. Jed is clad in a black and blue themed uniform designed for the band. He looks extremely gorgeous, but my mind cannot simply forget the image I saw earlier.

"There's something wrong."
He doesn't even need to ask. He knows. He knows me, everything about me. But if he's that aware of my feelings why does he choose to repeatedly make me insecure?

"Really huh?"
He was surprised by the tone of my voice, hell, even I was surprised by myself. Never did I imagined myself talking to him with anger.

His foreheads creased.
"Why?"

Now he's asking why. I laughed without humor. Why am I even mad? Why? Why huh?

"You know what? Forget about it."
I left him and went straight to Chesca's car. Before I was even able to open the door, someone from the inside opened it for me. OF COURSE it was Roseanne. Her smile that used to be sweet to me just irks me more than anything else in this world does now. She twirled a lock of golden hair on her point finger.

"Are you not riding with Jed?"
I felt my hands grip on the hem of my coat. She doesn't even hide the fact that she's doing everything on purpose.