𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓶 XXI

"WHY THE FUCK IS THERE BLOOD ON THE SHEETS?"

"Calm down Chesc—"

"NO! JED FUCKING WEAR A SHIRT!"

I woke up with a drowsy feeling and the ache on my thighs and breast.

"What's happeni—"
Chesca rushed towards me then inspected my whole body, from my neck to my arms. Then sighed.

She looked at me straight in the eye.
"I know you love Jed.. but to the point of giving him your.." she trailed off then looked at me up and down.

I'm lost and I don't really understand why she's acting like this. That's when I suddenly curled to a ball after a sudden pain on my stomach.

Chesca gasped then let me lay on the bed.

"Shit." I mumbled a curse when I realize it's my period. I'm irregular and it's been 2 months since my last menstruation, my eyes wandered on the bed, that must explain the blood on the sheets.

I face palmed, did she just mistook it as something dirty!?

"Ches I need to change my clothes and put a nappy."

She nodded eagerly as if she understood. She left to maybe get me the stuff I need.

I heard someone clear his throat then I remember Jed is here. He's been here all night.

"I like you."

The words rang in my ear, I honestly thought I was deaf for a moment. I don't know how long I showed him a dumbfounded expression, until he suddenly grabbed his hair and hid his face from me.

Is he.. shy!?

"This is not so romantic, god."
I know he's suppose to keep those words in his head but here he is now thinking out loud.

His face was buried on his shirt, but the evident blush on his ears and nape makes it clear he's sporting a flushed reaction.

"Hey.."
I bit my lip.

I've always been awkward, most of the time I don't even know how to speak my mind. I suck at expressing.

... Especially now.

How would I react? When my childhood crush AKA still the love of my life today just confessed he likes me? Is this even real? Or am I hallucinating from fever?

He shot his head up. I can't help but admire him, still. His eyes were fluttering like a baby. His lips were slightly parted apart showing two pair of front tooth that looks adorable.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't mess with your mind right now."
He tried showing a smile.

"No, I—"

He gestured 'shh' then covered me in blanket while fixing my bangs. The smile on his lips widen after I slightly pouted. He sat on the floor beside my bed after.

"Go sleep we'll talk about it tomorrow."
The glint on his eyes showed me things I never imagined Jed will let me see.

"I.. I like you, too."
After that, I did the only thing I can think of, sleep.

But before dozing off, I heard him mumble, "I know."

"I will prepare breakfast, what do you want?"

Two things... First, I'm embarrassed. Second, I'm humiliated. Is that synonymous? That can't even make up for how ashamed I am right now.

He started walking towards me that made me panic a little.
"No no don't go near me I'm dirty!"