𝓲𝓯𝓽𝓶 XXXIX

"There's nothing like you for me, together..."

"Lucia."

The crowd went louder. After hearing a name they didn't expect to, the people around started looking left and right in hopes to see who "Lucia" is. Well, people, that's me, your local cute girl. I'm silently praying they won't realize it's me and bully me to go up the stage.

Jed stopped singing, his muffled breathing echoed on the microphone. He opened his eyes, his gaze automatically locking with mine. I froze on the spot. I was never ready for this, screw you Jed.

Of course it won't escape the eye of people. They went after whoever Jed is looking at and surprise surprise! It's me. I heard them collectively gasp, especially the ones near me. They started cheering for whatever reason. My mind cannot process quickly and whatever it is that's happening? I am trying to complete the pieces.

I flinched when somebody tapped my shoulders telling me to go up the stage. My feet won't move, I thought I will welcome him again? What about the "open arms" now Lucia?

Jed tilted his head seeing I am hesitating, I noticed the crowd around us is getting thicker and thicker. To my surprise, Jed jumped from the stage. What's more annoying is he did it so coolly that it seems like he's so flawless.

I thought he will still say something but then he suddenly grabbed my wrist and ran. The people made way for us, he dragged me in a gentle way because I was still standing on my spot. When I realized what's going on, I started running with him.

The smell of the salty sea breeze and the warm sun embraced us as we sprint. I can hear the water splashing and the birds not too far from us. However, amidst everything surrounding us, the fast beating of my heart seems to deafen me. Is this the part I'm supposed to feel like I am in a movie? That scene wherein it's only us and nothing more?

Maybe those are exaggeration, but not completely a lie. Because whatever is happening now? It's very vivid to me. His hands clasped with mine, his smile, his warmth.

I found myself laughing with him. There's no conversation, just our hearty chuckles. He slowed down on his tracks, so did I. I was about to ask him why but my unspoken questions were answered when he pointed out something behind me.

"Wow."

Have you ever seen the sky from the sea? Have you ever been this solemn? The inexplicable feelings bottling in my heart is almost too much to me. For a moment I forgot who we are and what we were, it's just... us.

The skies were painted in a crimson hue, splashes of violet and orange are swirling on the cloud that covers the sun almost in half, it made me think of how beautiful the world really is.

"You look so amazed."
Jed said, just staring at the marvelous scene in front.

"You too, doesn't look any less amazed."

"I'd pay to look at this everyday."
He said finally giving me a glance.

"The sunset?"

"You."

I felt my heart skip a beat. Why does his words hurt and feel so good at the same time? His sweet voice is like a treat and a punishment in one. It's like a guilty pleasure.. something I'm not sure if I deserve.

"You don't have to pay, though."

He lifted an eyebrow, a secret flex because his brows are literally perfect.

"I- I mean you see me everyday, I live in your house."
Okay that sounded wrong.

Jed gave me a side smile, of course he will tease me. He's Jed after all.
"We don't live in the same room, though."