Practice

*Y/N P.O.V*

I walked along the halls of San Pasqual High School with my head down. It wasn't because I wasn't popular. I was kind of popular. I wasn't Heather Chandler popular. But I wasn't super lonely either.

It was mostly because I was best friends with one of the some of the most popular people in school.

I was friends with Brendon Urie and Benjamin Burnley.

I met Brendon in elementary school. He came up to me and told me he thought that I was pretty so we've been best friends ever since then.

Ben on the other hand, I've been friends with Ben for only 2 years. He met me when I went to a club with Brendon. He had gotten us fake I.D's to get in.

Ben was playing with his band called "Breaking Benjamin". He kept staring at me almost the entire time he was playing. While Brendon was really jealous of his staring, I was intrigued and wanted to get to know the 6'4" boy with dark hair.

He invited us backstage and we've been friends ever since then.

I saw Ben as I was walking down the hall and went to go say hi.

"Hey Benji" I said with the nickname I had given him the night we met.

He blushed at the nickname and said "Hey y/n" and rubbed the back of his neck.

"You okay? you look kinda nervous?" I asked and placed my hand on his shoulder.

He looked at my hand on his shoulder and smiled nervously.

"Yeah, I-I'm fine. Hey, I was wondering, are you free on Friday night, around 6pm?" he asked me with a nervous smile.

Was the Benjamin Burnley asking me on a date, and getting nervous about it?

"Yeah, I'm free, why?" I asked with a small smile.

"Well, my band is playing on Friday at 8 o'clock and I was wondering if you wanted to go, plus I kinda want to take you out for dinner before" He said the last part with a sheepish smile.

"Of course you can take me out to dinner Benji" I said and stood on my tippy toes to hug him, considering he was a lot taller than me.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face into his chest. He wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me flush against him.

I looked up at him and smiled, then continued to pull him down by the neck to kiss his cheek.

*Brendon's P.O.V*

I watched in anger as y/n and Ben were getting a little closer than I wanted them to.

It should be me standing there with y/n. Not Ben.

As y/n was walking away, I walked up to her and out my arm around her shoulder, hoping she would tell me what was up with her and Ben.

I didn't want to confront her about it because then she would wonder how I knew that. Then I would have to confess to her that I was watching her like a fucking creep.

"Hey Brendon, how are you doing today?" she asked and smiled at me.

Right then and there, all of my thoughts were wiped away as I stared at her beautiful face.

"I'm good y/n, how are you" I said back, slightly hoping she would say something about Ben.

"I'm great" she said back quickly, but then I saw slight nervousness in her.