chapter 1

Crysta and Julia were working their typical shift at the gas station when the subject came up about Julia's soulmates. Unlike most Julia had two not one, so there must've been two guys out there for her.

"Julia don't give up, they're out there somewhere," Crysta tried to comfort her.

"Uh huh yeah sure, who calls someone doll and apologizes?" Julia asks adjusting her collar, the soulmarks on each collar bone, "No one talks that old fashioned these days anymore."

"Well I know at least a couple men who talk like that and so do you," Crysta nudges her.

"Again with Captain America and the Winter soldier? We both know they're an item, soul mates from way back. Even if I was their third I wouldn't fit in," she looks down.

"Now Jules you don't know that. They could both fall instantly in love with you. Don't give up."

Julia just nods and continues on with her day. Before long the bullies who came in to pick at her came in and started to pick at her.

"Hey monster you find your soul mate yet?" the blonde called Tina asked her

When Julia shook her head no the whole group snickered that was with her. Tina jabbed at her again, "I bet mine is that hunk who's with Captain America. Bet he's great in bed."

Julia sighs and lets Tina continue on with her tirade. She finishes Tina's transaction and steps back from the register.

"What got nothing to say monster? You probably draw your soul marks on yourself no one would want to be your soul mate. They'd probably gouge their eyes out."

Tina and her cronies walked away giggling. Crysta wrapped her arm around Julia's shoulders.

"Don't worry Jules one day you'll make her eat her words," Crysta said.

Julia nods sadly and tries to go about the rest of her day.