FOURTEEN

Clayton was sitting on the steps of the front porch staring at the sky, looking up at the moon. Moonlight illuminated the entire lawn in a serene glow.

Afrer setting away the leftover food, Sia walked out to look for Clayton, she saw him lost in his thoughts so she sat besides him. "What are you looking at?"

"The moon"

"Ah the moon. I was a selenophie back in the days . I used to stare at it for hours" she chuckled.

He looked at her,the moon light highlighting her features ,her eyes were sparkling and he could see the reflection of the moon in her eyes. She looked so beautiful ,so angelic that he wanted to kiss her ,to lay her on the dew laiden grass and kiss all her worries away.

" I used to watch the moon with my mom" He didn't know why he said that. Maybe he just wanted to express something, he just wanted to talk so he continued.

" We used to sit right here and she used to point out at those stars. On a clear night we even used to count them " he chuckled " and then if I saw a firefly floating I used to think that those were stars visiting my lawn and I used to run around to catch them. I had once caught a whole bunch of them and handed them to mom. I told her that I had caught the stars for her."

He laughed nervously.

She looked at him ,his voice was heavy. She could feel the love he had for his mother. The happy moments he spent with her.She entwined their arms and gently stroked his hand.

"Its alright clay. You know she misses you too ,right. She's up there smiling down at you. They all seem so far far away but they really are always by our sides"

"How did you know that she's.... ?"

"I just knew it. We all have the same way of talking about the ones who are gone. My parents passed away when I was nine. I've missed them ever since." She snuggled closer to him.

For some time no one spoke. They could hear the distant crashing of waves and feel the night breeze rustling through the fallen leaves.

"I better get going" she shifted to leave.

He held her hand and looked at her. "Good night Sia "

"Good night Clayton"

They had exchanged pleasantries and yet no one moved ,they were staring into each others eyes.

He moved closer to her ,filling the gap between them ,his lips mere inches from her. He waited, giving her the chance to reconsider and walk away before he did something he couldn't control but she had stayed. He took that as a yes and pressed his lips to hers.

He kissed her. What she felt was not shock but excitement.She closed her eyes as the tingles went down her stomach.His lips were warm and his mouth inviting, he smelled like the sea ,like danger ,like Clayton. And she wanted more.

He held her tightly in his arm and plunged his tongue into her mouth making her moan with desire. She was kissing him back with ferocity ,their tongues dancing ,fighting for dominance. She could feel his hand wandering up and down her back and she held his tshirt tightly, her knuckles turning stark white like never wanting to let go. She wanted to drown away in this feeling,to shed all her modesty and express her raw sexual desire ,to experience all that she had been running away from .

But she couldn't. She abrubtly stopped and pulled away from him ,from his embrace and ran inside the house.

******

The next morning no one spoke to each other. She quietly served him breakfast and wandered outside with spike. After breakfast Clayton was sitting on the dining table waiting for her . She entered with spike in her arms after some time.

"Aren't you going to eat?" He asked her getting up and walking behind her.

"No ,I'm not hungry "

She set spike down and walked onto the living room.

"Sia if this is about yesterday, then I'm sorry. "

"It's alright Clay I didn't expect anything less from you " she said walking away not bothering to look at him.

"What ? What is that supposed to mean ? " he could feel his temper rising.

Sia stopped and turned to face him. His eyes were radiating fury.

"You mean that a criminal like me goes around screwing who ever he wants without their consent ? Is that what you mean ? Cause if that is what you're implying then let me make this clear that I have never once forced any unwilling woman..."

She interrupted him and walked towards him.

"Clayton, you're getting me wrong. If I had thought you a criminal then trust me I would have locked myself into that room and never once spoken a word to you. Yea I know who you are and I'm afraid of you but that does not mean I think that low of you. .......my point is that you're a man of flesh and blood . You have desires and there was a possibility that you might feel a slightest pull towards the female you're living with"

His was looking at her intensely ,the intensity that could turn her into a puddle. Her cheeks were burning with embarrassment and a blush had crept at her throat ,she sifted her eyes to the floor .She was hesitant but she spoke anyway.

"When I said that I'm alright with what happened yesterday is because I am okay with it ,I don't mind if you wish to kiss me again I....."

That was enough confirmation he needed . He pulled her to him,her soft lush breasts crashing against his hard chest ,he snooped down at her lips ,he angled her face to deepen the kiss. He picked her up and she wound her legs around his waist. He pushed her against the wall and continued with his passionate assault. He grinded his aroused manhood against her and let out a growl.

She could feel his arousal. Her own womanhood crying out with need. Heat was radiating from his body, the heat that was enough to melt her worries away.His mouth left hers and he scattered hungry kisses on her jaw and neck. She moaned with pleasure.His kisses and prickly stubble leaving a fiery trail on her neck.He kissed at the swell of her breast that's when she stiffened. He could feel the change in her.

He set her down and held her waist tenderly. She opened her eyes and looked down at the carpet. He realised that she wasn't meeting his eye. He gently held her chin and made her look at him.

"I will not touch you unless you want me to" He assured her.

She nooded and gave him a meek smile ,he kissed her forehead and walked away.

After he was gone she ran back to her room, locked the door and sank agaisnt it to the floor.

What did I do ? Should I be doing this? No no i shouldn't.

She laid her head in her hands .She was literally just days away from death and here she was kissing her own kidnapper. She couldn't reason her actions. One moment she wanted him to ravish her and the other moment she felt ashamed of herself.

She focused her thoughts on Clay. He didn't force himself upon her. He had treated her even better than her own boyfriend had back in college. When she had told him that she couldn't sleep with him,he had publicly humiliated her. But Clay didn't do that. He treated her like a gentleman. Or was this all just a pretend. Was he playing games with her? Was this the trick to get her to speak up? She didn't know what was right and what was wrong anymore.

Silent tears rolled down her eyes.

Mom please help me. Please.

♤♧♤♧