TWENTY

He woke up to some rustling besides him . Sia was waking up.

"No no don't get up yet.... hold on I'll help you "

He put an arm around her waist and helped her up in a sitting position. She had woken up an hour  after Max had left and Clayton had fed her some soup and crackers and then she had gone to sleep again.

He checked her forehead, it was still a little bit warm but not as bad as earlier.

"Hey ,you want to eat anything " he spoke to her gently as she was trying to pet spike .

She just nodded her head in a No.

"Sia please eat something.  Should I get you something sweet? I've got some chocolate mousse  and bear claw for you."

She still nodded a No. She didn't look up at him. She was angry with him.

"Sia please. Here look at me." He placed his hand on hers

"Sia ,I'm sorry I didn't know how they got to know about you, please please trust me. They are not my friends....I would never let anyone harm you. Please just talk to me "

"They wanted to rape me cause he wanted to get back at you" a lonely tear slid down her eye.

His heart broke in a million pieces when she said that, when that tear rolled down her cheek. He didn't know what to say .

He had nearly lost her because of his past actions. How could he ever forgive himself.  But this was who he was, he had gotten off track and landed in a ditch from where he could walk away but the mud would always stick to his skin. He would always be a criminal and the past, the people he had hurt would always come and hunt him down and hurt the people he loved.

"Sia ...I ...I'm really sorry ...please forgive me ...." his voice was getting heavy.

She laid her head on his chest .

"Make me forget all about today Clayton. Please make me forget about them" she looked up at him, her black orbs pleading.

He gently cupped her face and pressed a light kiss on her lips and drew her into his arms. They lay entwined in each others arms for a long time.

She wanted to watch some TV so he picked her up and lay her on the couch. He finally got her to eat something and then gave her the medicines. After some time she fell asleep so he took her back into his room.

It was past midnight and it had started raining heavily so he just drew the drapes over the window of his room and strode towards the bed. He kissed Sia's forehead and pulled a blanket over Spike who had bundled himself near her.

He took his raincoat and headed outside. He drove to the town and  he put on his mask.

Black mask is back.

He parked his truck a few blocks away from Bob's old house. He walked towards the house,the light in the living room was on. He walked up the steps and kicked open the door. Morty fell to the floor in fright.

"Black...blac...black mask !" Morty  whispered.

Clayton pulled the iron rod with spikes from under his raincoat. He looked at Bob who was pale with fear.

Clayton was going to make sure they didn't live to see the next sunrise.

*******

She woke up to spike licking her face. She smiled and tried to get up but a sharp pain radiated from her chest. The bruise.

She managed to get up though. She felt a little dizzy. Her body was a mess. She was nauseated. Leaning on the wall for support she made her way to the bathroom. She threw up until all the energy in her body was drained and she fell to the floor. Her head was spinning, her vision was blurred. Suddenly she felt someone helping her up.

*****

He woke up to the sound of Sia throwing up. He ran to the bathroom to find her laying on the floor ,her eyes half open. He tried to help her up.

"Why didn't you call me....come on steady ,steady...yea good ...let's get you to the cleaned."

He sat her on the couch and wiped her face and mouth with warm water. When she tugged at his sleeve with her hand on her stomach he understood that she needed to throw up again. All the while he helped her, he held her hair and stroked her back gently.

After some time she was slumped on the couch. He had given her light breakfast and applied healing gel on her wounds. He then walked her into the lawn and helped her in the chair. He sat on the grass besides her.

Her eyes were closed, her face was pale. He just buried his head in between his arms ,he couldn't bear the pain she was undergoing. He felt her hand moving through his hair. He gently lifted his head to look at her. Her eyes did not shine, they were dull and filled with pain. She gave him a faint smile. He pulled her hand and kissed it.

"You were not in the house last night" she said in a low voice.

He didn't meet her eye.

"Where were you? "

"Just visiting a friend "

"Really? Did you kill them ?" She moved in her chair to look at him.

He snapped his head towards her. He was caught. There was no point in lying.

"No just bashed them to pulp. Don't worry, I took them to the hospital later"

She smiled and touched his face.
She knew he wouldn't kill anyone.

******

It had taken two weeks for her to fully heal. He had kept a strict watch over her. She was not allowed to do anything. He tried to do all the cooking and washing and cleaning. She had ofcourse supervised him cause the first day he actually tried making pasta he burned down the sauce then he over cooked the chicken to shreads and the vegetables were charred in the oven.

She was feeling particularly positive today . As she walked into the kitchen she saw him shirtless making breakfast. Hos broad back was towards her, his ripped muscles  making her dizzy.  She blushed furiously remembering the events of last night.

She was enjoying the delicious chocolate mousse ,sitting on the couch and feeling the breeze after dinner. It was the best chocolate mousse she had ever tasted.

"You've got some on the side of your mouth " he had pointed where the mousse was stuck. She tried to lick it but she couldn't get it out so she had shoved the napkin in his hand and asked him to wipe it off.

He had looked at her like a predator. She closed her eyes and moved her face towards him. She was waiting for him to wipe it off but what she felt next was so much better than that. He had licked it off her. Soon he was kissing her, the mousse was forgotten and the only thing she remembered was them making out so hard that they hadn't even realised that there was a power cut. They panted for breath and then he had pulled her into his arms again and they kissed for a while longer until they fell asleep in each others arms.

"Sia ? Sia ?"

She jumped out of her flashback and looked the handsome devil in front of her.

"Yes clay?"

"Don't just stand there ,sit.  I'll serve you breakfast".

♤♧♤♧