THIRTY ONE

Sia learned from Clive that after the encounter with Roy, she was transported to Washington D.C after 2 weeks of hospital stay in Oregon. Clayton was held in custody,awaiting for his trial and the commettie were taking necessary decisions regarding Roy and Houser.

They reached their location ,it was a large property with a beautiful house and lots of garden space. Clive ushered her inside and the other officers took care of the necessary arrangements to be made.

"This is where you'll be living for sometime before they decide what is to happen to you. Now sit ,I've got somethings to discuss. "

Sia sat on the couch in a well lit living room. Clive sat across her with a small package in his hand.

"I hope you like it here. You'll be provided with everything. Food and clothes and all. Officer Tris Ferrera will be approaching here shortly and will be taking care of you. She's smart and strong . She'll  be teaching you how to defend yourself and all the other tactics. She'll let you know about it "

He cleared his throat, Sia was listening to him intently.

"I have something to give you"
He took off certain items from the bag.

" Here ,this silver bracelet belongs to you. And here I have something that Clayton asked me to hand over to you". He smiled sadly.

His phone buzzed "...I'll be back .....hello "

******

She stared at the brown packet in her hand. Her hands were trembling. She opened it and pulled out an emerald locket. A sob left her mouth. She remembered their Christmas night together, the gown, the fun ,the dance ,the kiss ...all of it. She then pulled out the letter. She unfolded and read it:

To my love ,
Sia

I'm so sorry for everything that happened. I should have told you what I was planning to do, but now it's all done. I hope you're recovering well and feeling good. I love you so much Sia, you gave me a reson to live ,you are my hope. Thank you for everything.
    I know that you have responsibilities and the police will take you far away to keep you safe ,I'll probably never be able to see you again so I'm sending you this locket as a token of my love and as a form of gratitude for bringing light, love and hope back into my life. You deserve so much more. You deserve love ,respect, stability ,protection all that I failed to give you. Please forgive me if I've hurt you.
         I wish you all the best and all the happiness in the world.
  I love you now and forever.

Yours
CLAY.

P.S : spike is with Max.

She put away the letter and sobbed. She needed him. There were so many things she wanted to say to him. She quickly wiped her tears and sat straight when she heard Clive entering.

"Sorry, that took long. Now are you ready to hand the thing over to me ?"

" Yes detective. But I have a condition."

He gave her a questionable look.
"Okay.." he said not having a good feeling about it.

"I will hand over the proof and cooperate with whomever you want but I want you to promise me that I will be granted  permission to punch a man of my choice four times"

"Really? " he said raising his brow.

" You want the proof or not ?" She fired back.

" Alright alright let's not get feisty, can I at least know who this man is ?"