THIRTY THREE

Four years later

Gold Beach,Oregon.

Hope was a changed woman now. She rocked a bob cut with wavy hair with blond highlights. She had gotten multiple ear piercings and a nose ring. She had even gotten a tattoo. She had started wearing only black clothes and she slayed in that synthetic leather jacket and healed black boots. She had even mastered the art of faking an arrogant ,dangerous personality. She was like colette from the animation movie ,Ratatouille.

Her coconut macaroons were an absolute favorite in the bakery. People were in awe of her delicious baked goodies. The owner Mr.Filbeŕ an old chef was always complimented on hiring such a wonderful chef such as her. He too loved her like his child. Like Dr. Gilbert he too had taught her so many things.

Though she was enjoying her new life, her mind was always playing the memories of the life she had left behind. Her work, her house, her colleagues and most importantly, Clayton.  He was an irreplaceable part of her life. He was not here with her and she didn't know if she'd meet him again in life but she would always love him. She missed him dearly. The heart in her charm bracelet was a constant reminder of him. He had given her a new life but she didn't know if this life was worth living without him, she wanted to live her life with him ,for him.

******

Washington D.C

Clive walked into the office towards Mark.

"Mark here take this"

"A Hershey bar..thank you but what for"

" looks like I'm gonna be a dad."

"Oh Man Congratulations! Im so happy for you !Give my love to Nia . How she doing ? "

"Yea ,she's really excited and happy ,I mean we're having our first child. This is amazing actually. " he chuckled ,his eyes a little watery. He sniffed and looked back at Mark.

"Anyway,I'm heading to meet Clayton Reign . Care to join ?"

"Sure"

Clayton was forgiven a year of imprisonment on account of extremely good behavior. He took active participation in learning various things like law, mechanical repairing and stuff. He was made ready so that he could earn his own bread by actually working hard.

"Reign, good to see you" clive extended his hand.

"Yea. You too . Thanks for everything" Clayton  shook hands with both the detectives.

"Come let's talk" clive motioned Clayton inside the office .

Clive had provided him with a  sum to start a business and had filled him in with other necessary things .

Clayton was ready to move back to Oregon. He had acquired some valuable skills at the prison and he was planning to renovate his garage and start the work with a new mindset.

He missed her ,every fiber in his body missed her. Every second of every minute, he missed her. He missed the woman he had madly fallen in love with. For all those years in prison the only thing that kept him sane was a hope that one day he will see her.

All the way home he kept thinking about her.

Will she acknowledge me if she ever saw me again? does she still love me? will she even remember me? Was she given psychological help to rid her off the Stockholm syndrome?

But an even bigger question tugged at his heart ,will he ever find her ? She could be anywhere in this country ,where was he going to look for her. Or she could have left the country altogether. He had no answers ,but all he knew was that he had faith in his love and that one day he will find her and when he did, he will fight the entire world if it takes to keep her by his side.