THIRTY

Clive walked into Dr. Nia's office.

" Detective Daniels good you could make it here quickly"

"Is this about Miss Lancaster ?any issues with the security?" He inquired.

"Yes and everything is fine about the security.Confidentiality is maintained. I actually need to ask you a few questions"

"Alright"

"Who is Clayton?"

Clive snapped his head towards her.

"Where did you hear about him" he stood up from his chair, his eyes widening.

"Detective please calm down .I'll explain everything first I guess. Yesterday i was checking up on Siana when i heard her whispering something so I sat besides her for a while and I deduced that she was calling out to someone called Clay or Clayton"

" Who else knows about this ?" He asked suddenly getting agitated.

"No one. Just me . That is why I called you here."

"I'm not really getting your point Doctor" he said trying to calm himself.

" To get my point you need to first answer my question"

He thought for a while and then answered.

"Clayton was Siana's kidnapper. They both seemed to have bonded more then that. He claims to love her and I suppose she has the same feelings"

" Hmm. Detective Clive I'm going to recommend something and I want you to keep an open mind..... Sometimes a patient needs more than medical help at one stage,sometimes a patient needs mental strength to fight what's killing them and Sia needs it.She needs to feel someone who she loves and trusts. Getting Clayton to talk to her will help her in that fight"

"Are you even listening to yourself Dr.Nia ? This is impossible and getting Clayton out of custody...."

He threw his hands up ".....its impossible. We're trying day and night to cover up all the links to them both. We're desperately trying to keeps their names out of this mess and you're telling me to actually get him out here ? Nope. that isn't happening. Please keep this conversation a secret. I'll be on my way now."

Nia had had enough. She sprang from her seat

" Clive"

He turned around "what?"

"Three years ago you were lying in that same bed fighting for your life. Everyone who came to visit said that they had no hope for you. You were good as dead to them. But you did not give up, you fought. I spent countless hours besides you, talking to you,saying all kinds of stuff to mentally strengthen you. Day by day you improved. When ever I spoke to you ,you flinched ..you gave a positive signal that the therapy was working on you. You are the living proof then why don't you think it'll work for her. She is your biggest witness and if you want her to live ,you will get that man she's asking for. This is our only hope."

Clive just stared at her

"You...you spoke to me ...it was you...so I wasn't dreaming all that...but you weren't amongst the doctors to handle my case"

"You're right I wasn't. I was new here and a brave officer like you just lying there in coma clearly loosing his battle of life did not appeal to me...but this is not what I want to talk about. Right now my priority is Siana and I want you to do something".

Saying that she walked away from him.

*****

Troubles were pilling on his head. Clive had to find a way to get Clayton to the hospital. But looks like the universe was helping him in some way or the other. Williams and Mark had devised a brilliant plan to get Clayton to the hospital ,they had taken all necessary permissions. They had been given a weeks permission to do whatever they wanted and now they only hoped for one thing ,for Sia to wake up.

******

As per the plan ,Clayton was appropriately disguised and taken to the hospital. Clive stayed with him at all times and Mark was taking care of the security.

They reached the hospital at 10:00pm in the evening. Clive ushered Clayton inside Sia's room and handcuffed him to the bed and walked outside. Before leaving he turned towards him

"No tricks ,Reign"

But Clayton just stared at Sia. She was pale. The heart rate monitor beeped every now and then. Everything was eerie silent. All the images of her being beaten up by Bob ,then her blood stained arm, blood oozing out of her chest, her last touch ,it just came rushing to him.

He gently held her hand with his free hand and looked at her sleeping form.

"Sia look I'm here. It's me ,your Clay. Won't you look at me ? See I'm all disguised..." he chuckled "...I know now why you hated to wear all that cap and goggles and stuff. " he chuckled again

"If you're listening to me Sia ,I want to tell you that I love you. I love you so much. I felt for you the moment I saw you. I love how you call me Clay, I love it when you challenge me, I love it when you think about others before yourself , I love everything that I know about you and all the things I'll learn about you if I got a chance.But for that you have to wake up. You have to wake up for Spike. That poor pup is crying for you. Sure Max is taking good care of him but he misses his mom. Please Sia. Come back to me. I have no one but you ,please. I'm a selfish man and I want what is mine and you are mine no matter what anybody says . Please."

Tears fell from his eyes onto her pale hands. He was too choked up to say anything more.

Clive entered the room after a while.

"Time to go"

*****

For one week ,Clayton visited her every night . It was their last day so Clive decided to give him an hour more.  Clive and Clyton both had hoped that she would respond to Clayton, that she would show signs of improvement but they got none.After the time slot was over ,Clayton unwillingly got up. He gently bent over her and kissed her full on the lips. His tears fell on her face. He kissed her unconscious form and caressed her face one last time and walked away with Clive.

The term was over. He was never going to see her again. The thought of loosing her clawed at him. But he was helpless.

*****

A few days later

She could hear him, he was there, he was near her. She could feel his touch, the kiss but he was leaving ,he was walking way,she wanted to stop him ,no no CLAY!

She snapped open her eyes and lunged upwards , a sharp pain radiated from her chest. She clutched her chest and cried.

" Clayton!"

*****

Clive couldn't believe how things had worked out, he was grinning ear to ear. She had made it . She was awake and recovering quickly. He had spoken to Sia when Dr.Nia had permitted him.

All the statements were recorded and the necessary stuff was done. It had been two weeks since she had woken up. He had informed Clayton and he was so happy he couldn't utter a word.

Today sia was getting discharged. She was to be safely taken to a secure location. He walked into her room to find Dr. Nia talking to Sia.

" Miss lancaster if you're ready then it'll be best if we leave"

He turned towards Nia. He was ashamed of the way he had spoken to her at times. He wanted to apologize but her haunting grey eyes made it difficult for him to look at her.

" Thank you doctor. We'll be on our way now"

♤♧♤♧