chapter 5

The sound of my alarm clock awoke me from my not so dreamy sleep. I get out of bed with a groan and notice that Jenny is sitting at the small desk in our hotel room with her laptop out.

"Well good morning to you too." Jenny sarcastically says."

"Sorry about that, I didn't have the best of sleep last night." I reply rubbing my eyes.

"Why? Were you to busy dreaming about hanging out with your lover today?" Jenny teases closing her laptop and then turning around to face me.

"He is not my lover. I met Ruel yesterday!" I submissively say, throwing a pillow from the small bed at her.

Jenny beams at me. "Yeah okay whatever you say! But you better get ready because Mr. Australian accent will be here in an hour."

I hop into the shower and debate whether to wash my hair. I washed it yesterday so it's still clean but I decide to wash it again, and get all freshened up. When I get out of the shower I blow dry my hair and procrastinate on whether I should curl or straighten it. I come to the agreement and choose to flat iron it, making sure I get every piece of strand so it looks like my hair is pin straight. I then do my makeup in a very light, natural way and change into my clothes for the day. I am wearing a black long sleeve turtle neck tucked into a pair of black mom jeans with my doc martins. Jenny told me I look like Darth Vader wearing all black so I decided to throw on white bucket hat to complete the look. I've never worn the hat before but the lady that sold it to me told me it would look good with my medium length brown hair. My thoughts then get interrupted when my phone rings from a text. It's from Ruel and reads: Just got to the hotel. Waiting in the lobby. Come down when you're ready.

I say goodbye to Jenny and rush downstairs. Waiting in the elevator I make sure I have everything I'll need for the day. I am leaving tonight so everything I have is being packed up. When I get downstairs I see that dozens of people are walking around and sense that the usual "hotel breakfast" must be going on. I look around for Ruel and I don't find him anywhere. I gave him the correct address right? Suddenly I spot the the tall guy I met yesterday and walk up to greet him.

"Good morning Mads!" Ruel says opening his arms for a hug.

"Morning!" I smile back at him. When I hug him I notice that his cologne smells like an aroma of warm flowers mixed with what smells like mint. It seems weird but I can promise anyone that it smells delightful.

Once we are done with the normal small talk, Ruel informs me that he made us reservations for his favorite breakfast place in Brisbane. I think it was called Lady Marmalade or something like that. He mentions that it's in walking distance but we could get an Uber if I didn't feel like walking. I told him that it wasn't necessary because I want to take in as many sights of this beautiful city before I have to leave.