chapter 53

"Thank you to everyone who came out tonight, you all made my last show very special. This tour has been amazing and I just can't seem to wrap my head around the whole thing ending. I've been blessed to travel different continents with the best band, manager and friend. I'm so thankful I got to meet and see all your beautiful faces and I just can't believe such a special part in my life is over. Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I blow a kiss to the audience and walk off stage.

When I'm behind the curtains I quickly bolt to my dressing room, take off my makeup and change into comfortable clothes. I need to be at the airport in one hour and LAX is about 30 minutes away. Thankfully, I packed everything before I went on stage so I pick up my suitcase and run it out to the van. Amy is already there waiting for me and Jenny arrives right behind me. Once all three of us are buckled and settled in, we head off!

The airport is crowded which makes checking in and going through security so much more complicated. The security line takes us an hour to get through because apparently so many people love making the machines go off. As if the night couldn't be anymore stressful enough, Amy led us the wrong way so we were late getting to out gate. Once we reached our terminal, with 15 minutes to spare, we started boarding our plane. I took quite the nap on the plane and when I woke up, the next thing I knew was that we safely landed in the JFK airport in New York.

Jenny, Amy, and I got our suitcases from baggage claim and called an Uber to take us to our hotel, the same one that Ruel would be staying in. Kate and Ruel are staying on the fourth floor while we managed to get a room on the fifth. We got to the hotel super late, so thankfully Ruel was sleeping.

"Madeline go to bed, you have a big day tomorrow!" Amy says throwing herself on the bed.

"That's what I was about to do if you didn't just take up the whole bed!" I joke back.

Amy rolls her eyes and pushes over. I turn the lights off and before I know it, I drift off to sleep, dreaming about the day that's about to come.