chapter 32

I must have fallen asleep on the tour bus after we got settled in, because I awoke to Jenny shaking me.

"What's up Jenny?" I grumble, wiping my long hair out of my face.

"There's two girls outside of the bus...they say they know you apparently. I told them an hour ago that you were sleeping but they've waited outside ever since." Jenny says, motioning for me to go outside and meet the girls.

I get up from my bunk and walk towards the windows. As I lift up the shades I see two girls who look oddly familiar. As interactions with random people from my life fill my mind, these girls still do not appear. I don't have any idea to who these girls are and I'm starting to think they are just crazy fans who want to meet me. Like I said, I love my fans and if they're willing to wait for me outside while I sleep, the least I can do is take time out of my day and meet them.

I open the door to the bus and greet the two girls with a friendly grin. They're about the same age as me and they might even be older. Both of the girls have strong Australian accents and I can't help but smile as they talk.

The girls go on and on about how they were on the same flight as me but didn't want to approach me because I seemed sad. Everyone sentence that comes out of their mouth sounds oddly familiar and I swear that I've heard these voices somewhere. Finally, it hits me.

These were the same girls that Ruel and I ran into the night we were watching Maggie. The same girls that called me a whore for being with Ruel. Why are they here right now, and why are they being so nice to me? I need to figure out as much information as I can from them so I can tell Ruel...I just can't make it obvious that I remember them.

"Hey girls, can I get your names again?" I ask, trying not to bring attention to myself.

The girl with blonde hair looks at me and smiles. "Sure, I'm Nora and this is Camilla."

I take a mental note in my head before asking them another question. Camilla was the one that called me a whore and I decide against my thought of staying "undercover" and want to know why these girls are being so nice to me.

Licking my lips and crossing my arms I fire at both girls,"Oh wait, I remember you guys! I knew you seemed so familiar! It's crazy how the last time we met, we were both in Australia and you, Camilla, you were calling me a whore!"

Camilla's mouth forms a hard line and Nora, like me, has her arms crossed. Nora opens her mouth to speak, but Camilla puts a finger up to hush her.

"I wouldn't start with us Madeline. We know about your little rendezvous with Ruel. I mean it's no big deal or anything...I'm happy Ruel found someone...even if it's with a whore."

I look at the girl in complete shock. I mean first she insults me in Australia and now she's insulting me in New York! These girls are obviously here to start problems with me and I need to end this quickly.

"Listen, I don't want to cause problems, but I find it quite strange how you are stalking what Ruel and I do. It's also quite strange how you found out where my tour bus is located and asked my manager Jenny to speak to me. Care to explain?"

Nora rolls her eyes and laughs. "We don't need to explain anything to you. Just know that we're watching you. If I was you, I'd stay away from Ruel...because if you don't-"

I cut the blonde girl off before she can finish her sentence. "You'll do what exactly? Expose me?"

Camilla nods her head and pulls out her phone. She shoves it in front of my face and presses play on a video. My mouth drops at the sight. It's the video of Ruel and I in Amy's hotel room making out. The video is zoomed in all the way and kind of blurry, but you can tell that it's Ruel and I. I don't know how she managed to get this video but I need her to delete it. Whatever is going on between Ruel and I, it can't be made public yet.

Camilla shuts her phone off and puts it back into her pocket with a smirk. "Don't push my buttons Madeline. Now that I have that video, stay away from Ruel or else I'll leak it."

The disgust in my face is clear now and I don't want anything more than to just punch her right in the face.

"Is that a threat?" I ask, stepping closer towards the two girls.

Nora steps even closer and in a low voice whispers, "It's not unless you make it one. All you have to do is stay away from Ruel and that video won't get leaked. It's simple."

I roll my eyes at her. "I suggest you leave now or else I'll have security do it for you."

Camilla twirls her hair and tosses it to the side before walking away. Nora flips me off before following her dear old asshole of a friend. Before getting back on the bus I pull out my phone and call Ruel. He picks up so fast that I don't even have time to think about what I'm going to say.