chapter 14

Sound check is not scheduled until noon, so when I get to my dressing room I have about two hours to relax. I check my phone and see that an unread message from Ruel is waiting for me to respond.

Just got off my flight. You're probably busy right now so text me when you get a chance.

i'm anything but busy! soundcheck starts in two hours so i'm just relaxing right now.

Sounds good. I played at the same venue as you a couple years back and there's a super good coffee shop right next door. My mate told me they have killer almond milk lattes...just what you like.

stalker much? knowing what venue i'm playing at & remembering my coffee order...weird.

Yeah, Yeah,  just check it out. It's supposed to be really good.

Without a second thought, I head straight for the greenroom, where I know I'll find Jenny. The greenroom is something every venue has and it's just another place for people apart of an artists team to hang out. I ask Jenny if she wants to get coffee with me but she declines, leaving me to go by myself. I'm not scared to go by myself and technically I'll have security with me but I would rather have gone with Jenny.

I walk into the coffee shop and place my order. I decide to get a medium almond milk latte, but with a swirl of caramel drizzle. I pay for my drink and head back.  Fans figured out that I was at the coffee shop and have formed a group outside the cafe. Jenny hates when I take pictures before the show but she's not here with me right now, so I don't listen to her. I take pictures with the small group and walk back to my dressing room. When I get back, Jenny informs me that she is going to pick up Amy and Amy's mom from the hotel and suggests that I start warming my voice up for soundcheck. I do as advised and head down to the stage.

Jenny said that she would be back by noon, when soundcheck starts but when I see that she's not here, I start to worry. She's always at soundcheck, making sure everything goes as planned. I ask around to see if other people know where she is and they all shake their heads. I left my phone in my dressing room so I can't even call her.