chapter 38

I bolt to the bathroom and call Jenny as soon as I reach the stall.

"Madeline? What's up? Is everything okay?" Jenny asks through the phone.

"No, not really. I started getting really hot all of a sudden and I feel like I'm going to pass out." I talk, leaning against the wall of the stall.

"Okay uhm, did you drink enough water?" Jenny questions.

I sigh into the phone. "Yes I did, that's all I've been drinking. Do you think you could pick me up? I really don't feel good."

"Yeah of course I'll be there in thirty."

"Thank you so much Jenny." I say and then quickly hang up the phone and leave the bathroom.

I have no idea what to say to Ruel when I reach the table. Should I be honest and tell him the truth? Nothing good ever comes with lying, but then again, Ruel could really just be using me. I decide against telling him the truth and just wing it when he asks me about what just happened.

When I do go back to the table, Ruel looks at me with worried eyes. "Mads, seriously are you okay? I'm sorry for bringing up the video, I know you don't like to talk about it."

"No uhm, it's okay. I just felt a little sick so that's why I ran to the bathroom."

Ruel lets out a breath and I can tell that he's more relaxed now. "Okay good. I already paid for the meal so we can go if you want."

I push my hair behind my head and take a seat. "I'm all set. I already called Jenny she should be here soon actually."

"Oh...cool." Ruel says.

I look at him with apologetic eyes. "I'm so sorry. I feel so bad. I wish this didn't have to happen tonight."

Once again, Ruel takes my hand into his. "It's okay Mads, seriously. You've had a long day so I get it. Plus, we still have two more days together so that's a plus!"

My phone dings and I see that it's Jenny saying that she's here. Ruel walks me out to the car and greets Jenny. We say our goodbyes and he kisses me on the head. Damn did I miss the feeling of his lips on my skin. I'm glad to have him back with me...at least I think.