chapter 18

Dinner at the Sugar Factory is delicious! I ordered this weird drink and when the waitress served it to me, she put liquid nitrogen in it. The drink started sizzling and bubbling, one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time.

Ruel and I were seated at the end of the table, next to Amy and her six-month old daughter Maggie. I've met Maggie once in the hospital when Amy had just given birth to her and she was so tiny. I fell in love with her the moment I met her, so when Amy announced that I was her official godmother, I was beyond happy. I think Jenny was a little jealous but she got over it eventually.

Throughout our whole meal Ruel and I talk only to each other, making small talk to the other people seated around us.

"Mads, when you get back to your hotel can you thank Jenny for me? She picked us up and drove us to the venue today and I've already thanked her but she was a really big help. The busing company messed up their scheduling pretty badly today." Ruel asks.

Wait, is that why Jenny had to leave earlier today? To pick up Ruel and his mother? She told me she picked up Amy and her mother but maybe she was lying. I nod my head at Ruel agreeing to what he has asked me to do. Jenny suddenly nudges me in the side and tells me that it's time to read my thank you speech for everyone at the dinner tonight.