chapter 12

When we arrive back to our room, I take a warm shower. I'm so sweaty from tonight's performance and just really need to feel clean. Once I'm out of the shower I brush my hair and braid it, so it will be curly for tomorrows performance. I get out my favorite face mask, apply it and lay in bed.

Jenny is out with some people from the venue tonight so I decide to order room service. I order chicken tenders and fries with a side of Caesar salad. I know, very adultish of me! It comes in no time and before I forget, I text Ruel.

i didn't forget to text you tonight! be proud of me Ruel!

Oh don't even get me started Mads...I'm so happy you remembered.

so how's the traveling going? Have you boarded your flight yet?

I remember him telling me about a flight but I can't remember if it was about tonight.

It's going good. Just got to the airport and I'm boarding the plane soon.

that's good, i hope you have a safe flight.

Thank you, I hope I do too. Also I saw videos of you singing Missing You tonight and I got chills. You sounded AMAZING!!

stoppp thank you so much. i wish i could've froze that moment forever.

Were you thinking of me when you sang that tonight?

What do I say to him? If I tell him that I basically dedicated a song about missing someone you love, he will definitely get the hint that I like him. Wait. Do I even like him? Jenny's advice from last night comes rushing back into my head and I debate on whether I like him or just like the feeling of him. Why does this all have to be so confusing.

I decide it's best to tell him the truth and see where this goes.

honestly i was.

Can I tell you something?

go for it.

I thought about you all day today. And last night too. That's why I couldn't fall asleep. Ever since we kissed I couldn't stop thinking about you. I know it's only been three days but I've never met someone like you before and I don't think my brain knows how to articulate all this.

No way did he just say this. I thought I was thinking about Ruel to much, but here he is admitting to thinking about me as well. I wonder if we ever think of each other at the same time. He even said that his brain is confusing him too. Me too Ruel, me too.

same here. with everything that happened in the past two days i cant stop thinking about you. sorry if that sounds cheesy but it's just the truth. i wish i got more time with you.

Me too.

don't worry though i'm sure we'll see each other soon. after all, you're going on tour in America soon so i will definitely have to go to some of your shows...that is if you give me free tickets!

You'll be the first person I'll give tickets too! Maybe I'll even throw in a meet and greet so you can get extra time with me!

oh yes! thanks that would be great.

I love his little jokes that he makes. They never fail to make me smile.

Alright Mads, I'm boarding right now but I'll text you in the morning. Goodnight .

Did he just use a heart or is my mind playing games with me? I turn my phone on and off multiple times to make sure it wasn't a glitch, and when they heart doesn't disappear I can't help but smile even more.

goodnight ruel :) have a safe flight.

I toss my phone to the side and lay my back against the mattress with my hands tucked under my head. I am beyond excited right now and wish Jenny was here so I could explain the whole story to her.

Right on command, Jenny opens the door and I jump out of bed and lunge into her arms. "He used a heart Jenny! He used a heart!"

"Huh? I'm not caught up in your weird teen slang." Jenny laughs.

Holding out my phone, I show her the texts. "See! He used a heart!"

"Shut up! That's amazing Madeline! I'm so happy for you!"

"Me too!" I say laying back into bed.

I have nothing to do the rest of the night and decide I should probably get some sleep for my second performance tomorrow. I want to do just as good as today, if not better. I close my eyes and dream of the day I'll meet Ruel again. I picture me running into his arms and hugging him for so long. I miss him so much and now I know that he misses me the same amount. I can't help but smile as I think about him. This boy makes me so damn happy and I've only known him for three days. It's so funny how life works out sometimes!