chapter 24

As I sit in Ruel's lap and stare into his beautifully colored eyes, it feels as if everything around me has disappeared. My tour, Jenny, that old couple from the elevator and those rude fans from earlier. I'm not going through anything terrible in life right now, but if I was, it would disappear as I look at Ruel.

Jenny's advice sweeps through my head again. "Figure out if you actually like him or just like the feeling of him." 

Call me crazy, but I think I like Ruel. No, I know I like Ruel. It's only been four days, but in such a short time I've grown attached to him. I always seem to be thinking about him, whether it's checking my phone to see if he's texted me or it's just me laying in bed, imagining what I would be doing right now if he was here with me.

My thoughts get interrupted when Ruel asks me something. "Did you hear me Madeline?"

I shake my head. "Sorry what did you say?"

He takes both of his hands and cradles them around my face. "I just wanted to tell you how beautiful you are. I've only known you for a couple of days but I've been so happy and I haven't been like this in a while."

I look at him and smile. "I've never felt anything like this before and like you and me both have said before, I don't think our brains know how to handle it. You being here tonight made me realize that now I know I really like you. I'm sorry if that's cheesy and you don't feel the same way..." I pause and take a breath."But I really do like you."

Ruel breaks eye contact and doesn't say anything for a moment. I begin to think that I just sounded like an eighth grader confessing her feelings to her middle school crush.

He looks me straight in the eyes again and doesn't say anything. Without any moment to spare, he leans closer and presses his lips against mine. If I'm being honest, I was waiting for the moment I could kiss him again. I've missed the way his lips align perfectly with mine, the way his warm breathe feels against my face. I've kissed plenty of guys in my short years of  life, but something about Ruel's soft touch his different.

His tongue grazes my bottom lip and I felt as if everything in the room had vanished. The air has disappeared and I could feel all my senses unwind. My hands slip up his shirt as I pull him in even closer, gripping onto his bare back. I try to grasp for air but my body wouldn't let me. It was almost as if Ruel's lips cast a spell on me, making sure I didn't break up from our special moment.

Still holding onto me, Ruel leans me against the headboard of the bed. He removes the hand that was around my waist to support me from falling off his lap, and uses it to pull his shirt over his head. He throws it across the floor, still making sure we are connected by our lips. I feel my breathing escalate and I move, so I no longer am sitting upright. I'm laying down on the bed and Ruel is on top of me, kissing me in a way I've never felt before. My hands move up his back and into his hair, taking the long strands in between my hands. The room gets steamy as Ruel kisses me even harder.

His lifts his mouth from mine, taking a breathe before placing his lips back down on mine. I look back up at him, my eyes fluttering. His hands move down to my hips and before I know it his mouth moves with him. I can feel his chest rise and fall as Ruel's tongue travels across my cheek and onto my neck. He takes his hands and gently lifts up my shirt to remove it. He tosses it aside and without hesitation the warmth of his lips travel down to my stomach.

He sucks at my stomach and places his hands at the brim of the sweatpants he let me borrow. He starts to pull them down but I inhale sharply, making him stop what he's doing. He lifts his head up and admires my body, but then frowns as he see's my nervous eyes.