chapter 33

"We need to talk." I say and sit down on the stone wall across from where the big bus is parked.

"What's wrong Mads, are you okay?" Ruel says back.

I haven't figured out exactly what to say to Ruel, but I need to say something before it's too late and the girls release that video of us. "Oddly enough, I just ran into the girls who called me a whore the night we stayed in Amy's room. Oh and they also have the video of us kissing and are going to leak it if I don't stay away from you."

"They what!" Ruel exclaims into the speaker. "That's nonsense. How did they even get the video?"

"I wish I could answer that."

"Did you tell them not to leak it? I mean I don't know about you, but I don't need thousands of people seeing us make out on your best friends bed. Sorry if that sounds wrong, but it's for the safety of us both."

"Don't worry Ruel, I'm with you. We're both humans and I don't need every aspect of my life being shown on social media. Those girls don't have an ounce of decency if they think leaking that video is for their own good."

"Are you going to talk to Jenny? I need to tell my mom right away! What did you say these girls names were again?"

"Yes, as soon as I'm off the phone with you, I'm going to tell Jenny and see what she can do. Also, their names are Nora and Camilla."

Ruel sighs into the phone. "I'm sorry this is happening."

"It's not your fault Ruel, there's absolutely nothing we can do about it."

"Promise you won't stay away from me Mads. Even though they might leak the video, I can't have you ignoring me."

"I promise that I will not stay away from you Ruel. Nothing can make me ignore you."

"I would be sad for days Mads. Don't make me sad."

I can't help but laugh. "I'm not going anywhere!"

Right as I say this, Jenny pops her head out of the bus door. I don't think she realizes I'm on the phone, so she shouts, "Madeline, we've been on this bus for an hour and your bunks already a mess. Come inside right now and clean it up!"

I roll my eyes and get up to go inside. "I have to go Ruel, but I'll call you tonight.  I'll make sure to tell Jenny about the video and see what we can do about it"

"Same, I'll talk to my mom about it and hopefully try and get those girls to delete the videos."

"Bye Ruel."

"Bye Mads."