chapter 10

Soundcheck goes smoothly until I have to sing my song Missing You. If you couldn't tell from the title, the song is about missing someone terribly. As of right now, I am missing Ruel so very much. I burst into tears and run into my dressing room. I pull out my journal and start writing. Writing is my way of putting down my emotions that I want to be kept private. My journal is my safe spot and nobody is allowed to read it.

Tears are soaking up the page and I write until my hand cramps. I don't necessarily need to do soundcheck and I'm glad that I got to skip part of it today. My phone lights up and I see that I have a new message from Ruel: Jenny told me what happened. Just wanted to make sure you're ok.

Of course she told him what happened! I respond back with: thank you i'm fine.

Are you sure you're okay?

Do I tell him the truth?

truly, i'm fine. i just miss you.

I miss you too Mads. But you have a show tonight and you have to think about your fans. Try to go out tonight with an open mind. I know you'll do great.

i'll try. thanks

Hopefully when your meet and greet starts seeing your fans will cheer you up.

Shoot. I forgot meet and greet starts soon.

haha i'm sure they will! they always do. and on that note i gotta run and do my makeup for tonight. i'll talk to you after the show.

Good luck Mads. You're gonna do fire!!!

I put my phone down and start doing my makeup. Thank god I already did my hair because I'm running very short on time. I change into my show-ready outfit which is tan cargo jeans, a cropped black t shirt and a blue denim jacket to go over that. I then slip on my Doc Martins and head down to my meet and greet.