chapter 42

When I swipe to the next picture I see messages from Ruel that I never expected.

The messages read:

Olivia: I can't believe you're going on tour in three months :( I'm gonna miss you so much.
Ruel: Don't worry Liv, you know you have free tickets for all of my shows.
Olivia: I know that already babe!! That's not the problem. Plane tickets from here to America are expensive.
Ruel: Ugh that's the worse, I wish I could help. I love you so much :(
Olivia: I love you too Ruel

I feel like I'm going to puke after reading the messages. Babe??? Did she really call Ruel babe! Also, I know he did not say he loved her! The fact that these messages were recent and he told her he loved her goes literally beyond my brain. He clearly has a girlfriend and he's been hitting on me? What the actual fuck.

I shove Nora's phone back into her hands and wipe the tears from my eyes. I can't believe the girls were actually true. I really am just a  "fill in" for Ruel until he can get back with his little girlfriend when tours over.

"Thank you for showing me but you need to leave." Is all I say to Camilla and Nora before running back into the venue. With tears pouring out of my eyes, I open the door to my dressing room and fall into the sofa. I don't want to see Ruel ever again. I thought he would never be the type to hurt me, but I guess I was just proven wrong.

"Are you okay Mads?" I think I hear Ruel say.

I look up to see Ruel sitting cross from me with wide eyes.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, my lips forming a hard line. Tears are still coming out of my eyes and I can't do anything to stop them.

"Uh I came back here after your show. Where did you go? What happened?" he answers slowly, now taking a seat next to me.

I wipe the tears from my eyes and sit up a little straighter. Ruel tries to take my hand but I jerk away from him. "I don't want to talk about it. I'm done having people treat me like I'm some type of replacement...some type of fucking fill in!"

And with that being said, I walk out of the room and slam the door behind me. I don't care if I left Ruel in there alone, he deserves it. I know I should confront him but I'll save that one for tomorrow. My heart feels as if it's been torn out of my body and set on fire. I really thought Ruel was different. I thought he'd be the "walk on the outside of the sidewalk" type, not the "I have a secret girlfriend and am only using you so I don't feel lonely" type.