chapter 15

After soundcheck ends, I go back to my dressing room and write in my journal. Meet and greet doesn't start until five and right now it's only three. My thoughts are then interrupted when Jenny tells me to come outside through the back part of the venue so I can meet Amy. I grab my phone and rush outside, skipping stairs as I go. I haven't seen Amy since this tour started due to the fact she had a baby 6 months ago. As soon as I see the familiar face, I rush into her arms to give her a long hug.

"Amy! I missed you so much!" I say when I'm done hugging her. I turn to Amy's mom and hug her as well. "And Mrs. Bates! I've missed you too."

Mrs. Bates and I have a quick conversation and then Jenny sends us inside, so that I can start doing my hair and makeup. When we reach my dressing room Amy quickly closes the door and sits on the chair next to me. As I apply concealer under my eyes, I turn to her and look at her confused.

"So, when were you gonna tell me you have a boyfriend?" Amy smirks.

I roll my eyes at her. "I take it Jenny told you? Ruel is not my boyfriend!"

When I say this, her eyes go wide. "He sounds attractive. I mean I don't know what he looks like but the name Ruel just screams 'Hello I'm hot!'"

I take out my phone to show her the selfie we took the night of the Australian Music Awards. I then tell her about they day we spent with each other in Brisbane and how we kissed when we had to say goodbye. I let out all my feelings to her about how I can't decide if I like him or not and I watch as her face lightens when I keep talking. She tells me how I should definitely give him a shot and see where this goes. My body fills up with sadness at her words because I don't know the next time I'm going to see Ruel.

After Amy and I's long conversation, Jenny takes me down to meet and greet. I see all the lovely faces of my supporters and my heart glows. I could go on and on about my meet and greet but I don't think I would have enough voice left in me to say everything.

Once meet and greet ends I go back into the greenroom to work with my vocal coach. The show starts in an hour and she wants to make sure I do my best at my last show in Australia. When we are done warming up I decide to call Ruel. He doesn't answer so I text him instead.

everything all right? i tried calling you but got your voicemail instead

To my surprise, he responds right away.

Yeah sorry everything's good. I'm in a loud place right now so you probably wouldn't be able to see me.

oh ok. i'm about to go on soon so i have to leave.

Good luck Mads. Break a leg!

I'm kind of sad that I barely talked to Ruel today but I know that he's busy with his own tour as well. Will we be able to talk as much when his tour starts? I wipe nervous thought from my brain and take a couple deep breaths before heading onto stage.