chapter 37

The exclusive show went good but it wasn't what I wanted. I wanted to be full of energy and happy, but instead my anxiety was through the roof the entire time. Not only was I impatient to get to dinner with Ruel, but now Nora's telling me that Ruel doesn't actually like me...that he's only using me. With all these thoughts rushing through my brain, my performance tonight definitely wasn't the best.

I find it so absurd that Nora and Camilla showed up to my show and meet & greet, only to tell me horrible stuff about Ruel and I's relationship. I know telling them to meet me in the alleyway tomorrow probably wasn't the best idea, but it's me we're talking about. I need to know what's on Nora's phone and if it's actually true. I can't just sit here and gush all over Ruel if he doesn't actually like me back.

On the way to dinner I decide not to bring up my meeting of the two girls to Ruel. I want us to have a nice, enjoyable and relaxing dinner and not have to worry about two random girls that are irrelevant in our situation...kinda.

Pulling up to the restaurant, I grab my phone and my purse and say goodbye to Jenny. It's already 9:30 and we made reservations for 9. Of course, I was running late per usual, but Ruel was right on time. I don't want to waste anymore time, so once I open the doors to the eatery, I rush to the table that Ruel is sitting at.

I run into his arms and a warm feeling tingles up my spine. I missed this boy so much and I'm so happy to finally be able to see him in person again.

Ruel pulls out a chair for me and then sits down in his own. "So how was your show tonight?"

Taking a sip of water I say, "It was good, not one of my bests, but we all have those days."

"I'm sure you did amazing!" He said smiling. "Plus you had a bunch of other press interviews today, so I get it if you were tired."

"Yeah, I'm worn out already and it's only ten o'clock!" I joke. "Anyways, how was your day?"

"It was chill. I only had one interview today so I wasn't that busy. I started working on a song today but I don't know if I will ever want to release it."

I frown at his statement. "Why not? I think every song you write sounds amazing!"

"It's a little personal I guess. It's about a person that means a lot to me and I don't think I'm ready to share that with a lot of people." Ruel says, pushing his hair behind his head.

"I totally get that. Sorry for asking about it."

I guess that Ruel saw that I was feeling really bad about asking him so he grabs my hand. "Don't worry Mads, you didn't hurt my feelings. I promise."

I smile at him. "Okay good I was worried."

During our dinner, Ruel and I talk about our lives and everything that has happened since the last time we saw each other. I know I say it's been a long time, but in reality, it's only been a couple of weeks really. I'm just glad Ruel hasn't brought up the video situation at least.

"So, any news on the girls leaking the video?" Ruel asks, finishing the last parts of his meal.

"Actually, yeah there's big news Ruel. The girls came to my show today and told me that they weren't going to leak the video but now they're saying you're only using me and that you don't actually like me." is what my brain wants me to say, but of course, me being myself, I decide against it.

"Uhm, no news. Why? Did you hear s-something?" I ask, my foot tapping the ground.

Ruels eyebrows and nose crinkle and he looks confused. "No, I didn't hear anything. Did you hear something?"

I can feel my face turning red by the second and I gulp down a big sip of water. "I didn't hear anything. Why do you ask."

"Are you okay Mads? You seem hot. We can go outside if you want...just let me pay first."

"No, yeah, no, I'm fine. I think I'm just gonna use the restroom really quickly." Is all I say before quickly standing up and running to the bathroom. I promised myself I wouldn't let Nora's words get to my head, but right now it's the only thing I can think about.