chapter 11

My meet and greet runs very smoothly and seeing my fans faces light up as they meet me makes me incredibly happy. I try my best to make sure each person I meet gets the most out of their experience because I know how some other artists can be. I genuinely love meeting my fans and would be so ashamed if they ever were disappointed with me. My thoughts about missing Ruel went to the back of my head and before I knew it,  I was on stage performing.

Seeing the thousands of people at this venue tonight comes with feeling I will never forget. Being the one they came here to see makes me overjoyed and I know they get the same feeling as me when I walk out on the stage.

Time passes and before I know it, I get to the part of the show where I have to sing Missing You. I take a breath before speaking into the microphone and then say "Missing someone and not being able to see them hurts. I dedicate this song to whoever you're thinking about in this very moment.

As the beautiful people in the crowd scream my song along with me, my body gets goosebumps. Nothing like this has ever happened before and it is such a special moment I wish I could freeze. In front of me, I see people crying, laughing, and smiling. It still amazes me to this day that my songs, written by a 16 year old girl from Minnesota, can have such a huge impact on people.

The song ends and the people go nuts. I bring my hand to my heart and just stand there on that stage. I take in all the wonderful faces before I have to bring the microphone to my mouth and say my thank you's and goodbye's. I wish Ruel was here to see such an angelic moment that took place in this setting tonight.

I get off stage and before I know it I am already calling him.

"I did it Ruel! I didn't cry and I didn't think about you once!" I exclaim into the phone.

"Ouch!" he jokes back.

I take a second to think about what I just said and realize that it sounded really mean. "Oh my gosh I didn't mean that in a rude way. I just meant that I put all my emotions beside and did it for the fans."

"I'm glad you did. I know you were gonna do great." He softly replies. Even though I can't see him, I know he's smiling behind the screen.

"I wish you could have been here tonight. It was one of the best shows I've ever performed. The audience was amazing and I got goosebumps hearing them sing."

He sighs. "I wish I was there too."

Jenny abruptly bursts through the door and signals me to put my phone down. "Ruel I have to go but I promise I will text you later tonight. If I don't then make sure you text me!" I say as I hang up the phone.

Jenny rolls her eyes at me once she hears who I'm talking too. "Girl you're obsessed with him!"

"I am not!" I remark.

Jenny lets out a laugh and says, "Well whatever you are, you have to forget about him for a couple of minutes while we try and escape out of here. Dave, the head of security here told me that fans are already gathered around the bus waiting for you. Change fast and let's go!"

I do as instructed and change back into my clothes from earlier today. I am escorted out by security while they try and push through the crowd of fans. I always hate seeing fans be neglected by my team but I know that it is all for the safety of me. After all, I am human and have a strict schedule to follow while on tour. I get into the bus and head back to our hotel.