1) Mr Perfect Loves a Maniac 1

Present
Paris, France

PresentParis, France

Author's PoV:

"You sure you want to hear everything?" Melissa is still doubtful.

He nods his head firmly. She stares at him confused. She is uncertain where to begin and where to end. He returns her a gaze full of interest.

Standing in front of her to hear her creepy story is Kevin Archer, a small-time successful artist who is a piece of art himself. His perfectly carved features are absolutely alluring. But our girl's unfocused and blurry eyes have no interest in such perfections.

She tries hard to focus on the living art-piece in front of her. His eyes are deep, highlighting its watery green as he stares back at her. His arched eyebrows frown at her open examination. She looks at him as if it is the first time she's looking at him. If truth be told, she never paid attention to him before.

His ruffled hair is a bit longer than usual, she thinks. She has noticed his hair before. It was because his hair reminded her of someone from her past.

Melissa still has not the least idea of how this man-perfect has fallen for a maniac like her. From being a waiter to being a bartender, she does odd jobs to support her diet and rent. She is Melissa Crumpton who is now five feet two with a body that is too skinny and a face that is ruined. She's no more an angel that she used to be. Her hair has lost its all silky and perfected curls. But, it is quite not embarrassing.

Her pale skin is tattooed here and there. She has pierced ears and wears multiple bracelets to give her a thuggish look than to adore her sweetly. She's broken and tattered. She toddles with a mess-with-me-less-you-survive attitude.

It wasn't always like this. She was a perfect young lass with good manners, but that was five years ago. She was an angel! But now, she is a total mess- a mess that cannot be cleaned up.

Even after knowing her present lunatic state, Kevin is madly in love with Melissa. Two days ago when they met up, Melissa told him that she has a terrible past that changed her completely. Earlier this morning, when Melissa thought of enjoying a lazy weekend and walked to her balcony that overlooks the Eiffel Tower from a distance, with a cup of morning coffee, he was there all of a sudden to hear her story.

"Liz, will you please," he almost pleads. She can sense him growing impatient with every passing second.

Okay! Who knows, my story can help me distance him from me, she thinks.

That is what she wants. She wants him to be a safe distance away from her because she knows she doesn't deserve him and most prominently, she can never turn away from her past.

She traces her fingers over the right sleeve of her T-shirt just above her invisible biceps as if she could feel the tattoo beneath it.

She decides to narrate her past. She's going to tell him everything. From the beginning! From that party that signed her up for a new adventure.

Hence, the elevated room on the 8th floor of an apartment in Square Rapp, Paris becomes a coffee house as Ms Crumpton unburies her mythical past with Mr Archer.

••○•○••

Happy reading!

Happy reading!

••○•○••