32) Plundering the Vampire Incarnations

Past
Dering Woods, UK.

PastDering Woods, UK

Melissa's PoV:

As soon as we entered the room that Bharathi and I shared in the residence, I hit my bed. Austin sat beside me while Bharathi and Josh took her bed which was beside mine.

For a few minutes, none of us slew the silence around us. It was like all four of us were formulating some deep conspiring theory in our minds.

"What are we supposed to do," asked Josh. I had known all the whilst that Josh would be the one who would break the silence. He's such an impatient impairment!

Since no one answered, Josh spoke again, "How about plundering at midnight? Let's burn some midnight oil." He rubbed his hands as if he's ready for the robbery.

"Mr Jimmy Valentine, Homoculi don't sleep at nights," said Bharathi in a matter of fact tone.

"Vampire incarnations," cursed Josh under his breathe giving me a jolt with those words. That very word!

There was silence again as we cudgelled our minds. "How about this? Breaking in the safe from the other side of the wall as in movies," Josh asked as excited as he was during his previous suggestion.

"Josh, don't you see, we're here in the underworld and not in any old building? We have to dig up till here and that's not a piece of cake," said Austin imitating Bharathi's tone.

Why are they so invested in their thoughts? I laid down on my back and closed my eyes letting all the light in the room fade away into the darkness that started getting toll as I tightened my eyelids.

Darkness! That's the key.

My eyes flung open and I bolted up straight to think if that was the right thing to do. When that plan satisfied my conscience, I looked up at others.

"Guys, guys, guys," I echoed with an ear to ear grin that profitably purchased their attention for me. "Homoculi can't see in darkness," I declared the universal fact in a tone that suggests the sun rises in the west.

"And so we," said Austin carelessly as he turned away from me with a sulked look. But it clicked him as fast as Bolt and he turned towards me with a cut, grinning as wide as me and saying, "No, we can see. Oh, my God, Mel!" He gave a short perky hug in excitement.

"Yes... We definitely can see in darkness," joined Bharathi in the same excitement as the realization hit her.

"Why am I left behind again?" worried Josh. Before I could think of the right words, Bharathi said, "Because your heart and brain are stuck back in Ashford." She threw her hand around Josh's shoulders in a comforting way so that the subtle mention of Carol hadn't made him homesick already.

"Well, Austin over here had invented a pair of glasses that gives you night-vision," I said to enlighten Josh, with a hint of pride hidden.

Learning the reason behind our exuberance, Josh annexed with us gleaming as well.