4) Mr Perfect Loves a Maniac-2

Present

Paris, France.

Author's PoV:

Author's PoV:

Melissa's phone blares with a message distracting her from her narration. She pauses as she takes her phone sighing deeply.

Typing in the reply, she acknowledges Kevin about her message, "It is Savannah. She says she won't be here until midnight."

Savannah is this American girl with whom Melissa shares her room ever since she came to France which was about 5 years ago. Savannah loves partying and enjoying which is what kept her away most the time. Melissa can never think of anyone else to be roomies with her as no one ever can give her as much solitude as Savannah can.

"Perfect!" celebrates Kevin. "There will be no one around to disturb our storytime."

Melissa frowns at Kevin. "Why are you so much interested?" she asks as she cannot see what interests Kevin so much. Melissa's question challenges Kevin's enthusiasm.

"It's you who's narrating your story. How come I'm not so excited?" Kevin says as though he's in a stage acting an epic drama or something. Melissa rolls her eyes. She gets used to it as it is already a year knowing him. He has always been quite dramatic around her.

"Whatever. So, this... Austin what? What's his last name?" Kevin asks her as if he never heard that name before.

"Austin Blake," says poor Melissa believing in Kevin's naivety. She's thrilled at pronouncing the name. Though it is one such long-lost name in the history of Melissa Crumpton, it still has the same effect it had years ago. Every time she pronounces that name she feels goosebumps.

"Yes, Mr Blake. So, he's the hero of your past. Or was that Josh? I reckon Austin."

'Isn't that obvi?' Melissa doubts. But she loves this game of Kevin being an airheaded dof. So, she decides to play along. "Technically, it's a spoiler, isn't it?" she asks.

"So, both fancied you?" Kevin asks raising his eyebrows in vague.

'He is definitely a dof,' confirms Melissa as she voices out, "Not on your nelly. Now, stop there. No more playoffs." She makes it clear to the artist who isn't ready to buy that. Kevin isn't as ignorant as Melissa thinks he is. He knows something from her past that suggests Melissa was not into Austin those days.

"I liked Austin. But relationships topped second in my hate-list those days," Melissa tries reasoning.

"What is first then?" asks Kevin which Melissa doesn't expect at all. She hesitates a moment and utters that single word, "Vampire." Kevin looks at her unbelievably for a second. The next second, he jumps into a fit of laughter. Melissa chides him irritatingly, "That's not very funny."