21) My Purple Boy

Past
Dering Woods, UK.

PastDering Woods, UK

Melissa's PoV:

"You harmed enough already Ms Crumpton."

A long trail of breeze passed through me. I stood gob-smacked. Was it the words? No, it was the voice...

Until then, I hadn't known voices could paralyze human thoughts. Though the voice had the tinge of newly accomplished hoarseness, I still could dissociate it distinctly. I lost my momentum suddenly. My legs gave up pathetically. I fell once again to the ground.

I couldn't feel anything. I was thoughtless. I gasped looking into the dark, "Austin. You... You..." My eyes welled up.

I had believed Austin was alive all the while. But, I couldn't understand why it was so unbelievable when I hear his voice there.

"Ms Crumpton, if you could listen to me at least once... leave at once," Austin said.

Since it had been very long, I wanted to do whatever Austin wants. But this turned out to be an impossible thing.

"Austin, I came to take you..." I tried to reason my action.

"Forget it. I'm not going anywhere. You better leave."

I couldn't understand him. Why wouldn't he leave with me?

Standing in the middle of the forest, I was in the melee of emotions. He must be angry about me leaving to Paris and never contacting him thereafter.

"Austin, I... I'm sorry," I apologized. "I've come to get you out of here." I was no more confident but I let the words in a tenacious effort of deceiving my actual state.

He laughed teasingly. "It's too late to get back to normal life," saying so Austin came into the light that crept through the leaves like a silver beam from Heaven. He removed his hood unhurried.

His fingers showed 2 months length nails that had been left un-cut while he unveiled his face

His fingers showed 2 months length nails that had been left un-cut while he unveiled his face. I also saw a tattoo that looked vaguely familiar but not on Austin's wrist. His hood was removed and his visage was visible. Seeing him there at that moment with that appearance, I was shell-shocked.