16) Souvenir

Past
Ashford, UK.

PastAshford, UK

Melissa's PoV:

"You are coming. It means no excuses," said Austin over the phone. "After all you had done for me with Jane."

"It's been a month Austin," I protested.

He still kept on telling this. I didn't do anything, did I? I just told Jane that Austin would answer her the next day. But who would take the blame for her dressing like anything and creating a drama out in the corridor? Definitely not me!

"You know, I'm going to blame you for eternity, for that awkward moment there." I giggled remembering how Jane went on her knees and told Austin to accept her.

"Alright, I will be there. But you need to pick me up," I told him and hung the call. We had submitted our project and thankfully it got us both decent grades. Austin wanted to celebrate this already.

'Why does a richling have to celebrate always?'

Josh would be joining too for tonight. Need not mention, he secured good grades as well without putting efforts on. I wasn't in any mood of celebrating. But Austin didn't want to take up my excuses. I had to go at last.

I turn into a blue torn jeans and a white Tee. I had a blue matching jeaned jacket on. I told mum that I was going out for a dinner with my friends and walked out with my hands inside the pockets of my jack to the roadside and waited for Austin to turn up. It was my favourite weather then. A calm evening with warm weather!

After all the winter cold is gone, it was really so refreshing to walk out with no sweats on. As I was enjoying the weather my mobile rang. "Gosh," I pulled out my mobile from my pant pocket and looked at the screen. What's that you want to say now?

I authoritatively answered the call. "Whassup man?"

"Mel, listen. I can't pick you up. You better go to the restaurant and I'll join you there. I've reserved our table already. Don't be upset. Please, I didn't mean to. Cya there. Bye, Mel." He spoke in a hurry and there he was gone already before I could even respond.

I thought for a minute, 'should I go?' I turned to ask my mum to drive me and that was when Ryan came to pick my sister. I felt something fuming inside. Ryan never failed to do this. Had I a boyfriend he would've done this for me. As I walked for the entrance they spotted me.

"What? Aren't you going out?" asked my sister.

"I am. But I don't have a boyfriend to pick me up. I need to ask mum to drive me even though she's busy," I grumbled irritated.

Ryan chuckled and said, "Where do you want to go. We shall drop you by."

"But find a way yourself back. We might be late," added my sister. I seriously didn't want to disturb my mum. While returning, if not Austin, I got Josh to drop me. I accepted encouragingly and climbed in the back seat.