part 9

Niall walks around the set singing to his own song to the camera. It's the last day of shooting and a large amount of extras are no longer on set, making the day feels extra quiet. He tries to find Lexi but he couldn't find her the whole day. He wanted to text her before realising that for the past two weeks ish since they started filming he had never asked her for her contact details. They just talk and they part. 

When the director dismisses him and he says his final goodbye to the remaining casts, he quickly walks to his car before Oli has a chance to ask him to grab a stupid drink. He somehow finds himself driving to Lexi's house, watching her quiet resident from his car not really doing anything else. 

He doesn't realise that he was doing so and the fact that it's super creepy until Lexi walks home from her usual jog at the park, tapping on his window confuse at the unexpected visit. 

He shakes himself awake as their eyes meet, cursing himself on being an idiot before lowering the window. 

"Hey," She smiles. "I didn't expect you here. What's wrong?" She asks. 

"Uhm," He awkwardly hums. "I didn't see you on set today. I was wondering if you're okay." He says. 

She raises an eyebrow not really buying it but shrugs it off anyways. "I finished yesterday. Could've just checked the callsheet instead of driving all the way here." She laughs. 

"Yeah, I'm a singer not an actor. I don't know how any of those things work." 

"Uhm," She sighs wiping her damp hair with her towel around her neck. "I have to go clean myself up a bit. You wanna uh..." She trails not really having any follow ups. 

He shrugs a shoulder, his other hand on the steering wheel. "I have nothing planned. I'm getting sick of my friends outing which involves beer and nothing else." 

She laughs nodding, understanding what he means. "Beer sounds fun-" 

"You should come then." He cuts her off. "Uh, "He stutters realising that he didn't actually know if Oli has beer night planned for the evening. "I'm not sure if the guys are up for it but if they're not we can go alone." He finishes. 

"Yeah, okay. It'll be fun" She backs away from his car and gives him a little nod. "See you in an hour or two-" 

"Wait, I don't have your number-" 

"Just honk your car really loudly till I come out." She laughs as she walks in her house. 

"Seriously?" He stretches his body as far as it goes to look at her. 

"Yes, bye." She shoos. 

Niall smiles to himself, shaking his head at the thought of tonight before driving away quietly.