Part 23

Lexi has always been ahead of Lauren. They first met on orientation day in uni three years ago. One moment they were both talking together, the next moment Lexi walked in to the cafeteria to find her with a gang she already formed in half a day.
In her studies while Lauren is banging her head on her walls to do her work far before deadlines, Lexi is out doing shootings and meeting people. Yet every time Lexi always seems to catch up her work with ease and passing her classes with distinction while Lauren is...well, she's always been just there.
The moment she convinced Niall to stay at their place while Lexi was locked in her room freaking out about her work was the first time in three years that Lauren felt superior. When Niall went to see the basketball game with her was when she truly felt like her being insecure in the first place was never even needed.
Lauren wants Niall there to keep chosing her over Lexi. She needs it. Sure, Lexi never see their whole friendship as a big competition but when you're always the one winning how can you?
But Niall has never chose her over Lexi. That day, that one day that started this whole thing, Lexiwas unavailable, and she was there.
Niall never chose her, she was the next best thing. And now she couldn't stand losing anymore.