Part 24

Niall jogs down to Lexi's house. He's on his usual Saturday afternoon run and now that he knows she lives there, this is his favorite path to run.
He opens the gate like he owns the house and confidently walks through the porch, lightly knocking on the door.
Lauren opens the door and both as surprise as each other when their eyes meet.
"You're home. Hello!" He smiles and she mirrors.
"Is Lexi home?" He asks stretching his neck to look deeper in the house.
Lauren rolls her eyes as she turns around to let Niall in. Of course he's here to look for Lexi. What was she expecting?
"She's shooting somewhere. She left a note saying she'll be home late, or not at all." Lauren mutters waiting for him to come in.
"Oh," Niall mumbles. "Nevermind then. I don't want to bother you. I'll just keep going-"
"No, come on. Don't be a stranger." She grians. "We're friends too." Lauren huffs before smiling. "Did I ever tell you I make a bomb chicken alfredo." She smirks.
"That does sound really awesome." He chuckles.
"Come on," She laughs, holding out her hand for him. "You've come all the way here anyways." She waves her hand motioning him to come in when she realises he's not going to take her hand.
"I mean, I'm in the middle of a run..." He scratches his head awkwardly.
"One less run won't make a difference, Niall. Neither does one more run. Now come on." She giggles pulling him in the house.
"Fine!" He huffs. "You're cooking though right?" He asks.
"Obviously you're helping me, spoilt brat."
Niall lets out an objecting whine before he's being pulled in the kitchen.