Part 15

Niall grabs her face closer than he thinks possible as their lips dance together. Lexi's fingers are all tangled up in Niall's hair and his wrapped around her waist. Their bodies collide on the grass from the pushing and pulling, Niall landing on top of her. 

"Stop." She giggles trying to push him away but he's too into the moment to hear her. "Niall, stop." She says again in a sterner tone. 

He slowly breaks the kiss, lifting his head up to meet her eyes. 

"You're drunk." She chuckles moving his messy hair from his face. 

"I'm not." He kind of is. 

"Yes, you are." She groans as she pushes his body off her, sitting herself up. 

"Doesn't mean I don't want to-" 

"And you know with stars and the sunrise and they're all so beautiful. And you're kinda pissed and I'm here, it's just the moment." She rambles brushing the grass stuck on her jeans. 

"Anyways," She sighs standing up. "I need to get as much sleep as I can in the next few hours before I need to rush to class. One more year of this law school bullshit then I'm done." She says before holding out her hand. "Come on, I'll walk you home." She smiles. 

He lifts himself up and holds her hand gently before quietly walk out of the private property. His heartbeat still hasn't slowed down and it takes everything in him to not grab her and continue what they started. 

"So uhm," Niall starts as they near his house. "I'll see you around?" He asks and she shrugs. 

"Sure." 

"Can I have your number? Or something? So we can-" 

"It'll be too much of a hassle now." She laughs, showing her dirty hands covered in mud and his pants in grass, his phone is probably stained too. "I'm sure we'll see each other again, neighbor." She says before turning around again. 

"I'm starting to think you just don't want to give me your number." He jokes but she's too tired to play along, instead just throws her arm up and wave goodbye.

"I'll see you soon!" He says.

"I know."