Part 69

Lexi and Niall walk side by side along the river near the arena.
"I really like the fact that it's warm now." He says making her chuckle.
"Not that you get any chills in LA-"
"Hey, it's still pretty chilly."
She shakes her head laughing, before resting her head on his arm.
"This is nice." He says.
"It is. I was wondering around here when I was waiting for everyone to leave." She says. "It's really quiet, with everyone in there and me here. You can really hear your thoughts." She tells him.
He turns. "And what are they?"
She exhale softly. "That I want to be happy." She hums. "Whatever that means." She looks up to him. "I've spent four years studying because my parents want me to. And I did, I really did try to be the daughter that they can be proud of."
"I wasn't happy, doing that. Spliting myself between my studies and my dreams. And when you came in the picture, you were just another piece of myself that I need to give away."
He kicks the leaves on the ground quietly listening to her. "You're right." He nods.
She looks up to him. "You really can hear your thoughts here." He turns to her. "And I want to be happy too." He says. "And I am. Before, while, and after you came in the picture. I was happy, am happy, and can always be happy."
He shrugs. "But I think I'm always going to be the happiest when I'm with you." He says. "I know I can be happy without you because I've done that for a while now." He chuckles softly. "But I'd really rather not."
She presses her lips together before smiling. "Me too."
The pair walks a little bit longer in silence.
"How long are you gonna be here till?"
"Two, three months."
"Then?"
She shrugs.
"We're probably gonna start press tour about a year after. Until then, I don't know. Might go back and work at my parents firm in Boston. Or travel for a bit," She says.
"Where would we go?"
She turns to him snickering. "We?" She raises her eyebrows. "For the record, I will not be paying for your expenses as well."
He lets out a disappointed scoff making her laugh.
LWhere would you go?" She asks.
"Home."
She looks down at their feet, crunching at the bits and pieces of earth under them.
"There's nothing much left for me in LA." She says before chuckling. "Except you I guess. If we wanna go there again-"
"I do." He holds her hand and she lets him.
"I do too."